Sign In   Register

Topic

Pairing New Fob 4 years 3 months ago #192180

Hi,
I have purchased two new Pektron Fobs. Primarily Rover badged but not an issue. I was going to pair one of them as a spare.
Part of the process says check horns, check EKA etc all ok.
Part of the description says all existing fobs will be deleted in order to pair.
For my original fob I don't have the bar code etc.
If this is wiped will it be re-paired? or will this process render it useless.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Pairing New Fob 4 years 3 months ago #192181

Oh blimey I was going to do this on my ZS! Looking forward to the answer as don't want to lose the existing fob.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Pairing New Fob 4 years 3 months ago #192182

I am not able to test this right now, but it looks as though you have found a bug in the text that pscan displays when coding in a fob.

When you add a fob into a Pektron you only need the 22 digit code to add in the new one. Existing ones won't be affected.

This was tested on Rob Bell's ZR and it worked fine, afterwards both the existing fob and the new one worked.

I think that some text from the 5AS warnings has slipped in there by mistake.

I think that you need the existing fob to be present, but you don't need the codes for existing fobs because they are already programmed in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Re:Pairing New Fob 4 years 3 months ago #192184

Great news - thanks for coming back so quick. 😁

Have a great Christmas.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jon-Mini

Re:Pairing New Fob 4 years 3 months ago #192186

Just to confirm, have programmed 2 new Pektron TF's fobs to two separate TF's both original fobs work fine on the cars after programming and both new fobs work as well :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper, Jon-Mini

Pairing New Fob 4 years 2 months ago #192234

Thanks for this, having worked in the industry (No names mentioned) I get pedantic about things, knowing unintentional consequences can be devastating....Now going to try.

Also I have ticked the box on these postings to notify myself of replies.....doesn't seem to be working. I am now just checking every now and again.....Admin!!

Last edit: Post by Nik P.

Pairing New Fob 4 years 2 months ago #192235

Just thought....I have a Fob from a previous TF (Pektron) This I know has been used once. (Having locked my original keys in the boot..)I have the code for it. As this has been used once, am I able to use the code to pair the fob to my current vehicle? I seem to recall the code changes as the fob is used

Pairing New Fob 4 years 2 months ago #192238

The only person who knows the answers to these questions is Technozen.

Pairing New Fob 4 years 2 months ago #192251

Thanks for this. I have spoken to Technozen previously. Very helpful chap. He will only work on SCUs that have been removed from the vehicle. Which with aircon pipes under the dash etc is a VOR job. As mine is a daily runner, it's not possible and hence the route I am following with PSCAN.
I might see if I can track somebody down who can answer me. Although he moved onto other things as the switch from Lucas to Pecktron happened.

Pairing New Fob 4 years 2 months ago #192252

If you have a spare fob (with bar code) that has been used once, and belongs to a car that you no longer have then I don't think that it will cause any harm to try it.
My understanding is that the Pektron and the fob both have a log of a rolling code, and if the two deviate too far (because you press the button when the car isn't there many times) then the fob is toast.
What I can't say is whether a fob used only once will have a rolling code a long way from factory factory default; I just don't have the knowledge.

If you have a fob and a Pektron from a dead car then I think that Technozen can migrate the fob (and rolling code) to another Pektron.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper, Nik P

Pairing New Fob 4 years 2 months ago #192268

New, unused Pektron fob comes with 22 number barcode. This barcode represents window within which Pektron alarm system will recognise the fob and accept it when barcode is entered into Pektron system.
If fob is pressed several times it will roll its code, but Pektron system can still recognise it when barcode is entered. If fob is pressed too many times barcode cannot help anymore as code rolled outside barcode window. How many times fob can be pressed and to still be within window, knows Technozen. But if fob is pressed only once, it is still within window.
This is the reason why used Pektron fobs cannot be reused even if you have original barcode.

Only way to reuse old fobs is to either have Pektron alarm system ecu with the fobs or to clone Pektron alarm system ecu to new Pektron ecu which Technozen can do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars, sworkscooper, Nik P

Pairing New Fob 4 years 2 months ago #192357

The rolling code window is mentioned in several of the MG-Rover documents I have relating to the SCU, but there is
no consistency with regard to how many operations of the fob will still allow the original barcode to be used, 750, 900 and "around 1000" being mentioned.

If you are in possession of a fob with its original barcode and "it has only been used a few times" then it is worth trying to program
it to see if it works.

The current OE fobs being supplied to the aftermarket and XPart have moved away from the Philips PCF7941 chip and don't suffer the same rolling code sync problems or the corruption from other manufacturers systems. ie. BMW.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, mowog73, Roverlike, cairnsys, sworkscooper, Nik P

Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT