• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
I'll have number 2 please. ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

My other cars are 10 years 15 hours ago #141037

The SLS scared me senseless.

The 8C I was conscious how wide it is and was always aware it was one of only 37 in the UK and 500 worldwide. It felt flimsey but OMG its an 8C was the feeling.

The F Type had a funky roof - any reason to spend that money when my TF does the same thing only quicker?

XKR-S - truth be known this shot took weeks to make as it wouldnt start every time I arrived.

The F15E - its nearly as old as I am but OMG - I guess the Pilots accent reminded me of Top Gun.

If Im honest the best car Ive driven this year is this the one and only Dino - thats me behind the wheel about to take it out on a cold February afternoon.

The TF makes me smile - yes it bumps, it grinds but it never looks out of place wherever I go and people usually ask about it - whats that tell you?

Last edit: Post by Markw.

My other cars are 10 years 15 hours ago #141038

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Sounds like a terrible job. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markw

My other cars are 10 years 15 hours ago #141039

Its woeful you'd hate it trust me. :hgf:

My other cars are 10 years 15 hours ago #141040

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
I remember my first introduction to low level flying.

When I arrived at RAF Cottesmore there was a compound full of bits of metal and what looked like miles of wiring.

I asked what it was and was told "That is what happens when you fly a Tornado at high speed lower than ground level."

Ooops. :hgf:

My other cars are 10 years 15 hours ago #141041

Hahahaha love it - I had the pleasure of seeing Female Typhoon pilots kicking the USAF into next week in the Loop on Wednesday.

My other cars are 10 years 12 hours ago #141049

I don't much care for the colour of this one, and it needs a bloody good cut n' polish! :bust: :coat:
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

My other cars are 10 years 5 hours ago #141054

Lol like it - bit of Brasso and it should be ok.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Davem

My other cars are 10 years 1 hour ago #141069

Back to topic :clap:

My other mode of transport, (more comfortable) after I killed my Volvo,

I haven’t lost my marbles they are in a bag somewhere
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bensewell

Last edit: Post by Bertl.

My other cars are 9 years 11 months ago #141101

I've just renewed the insurance on the mini and had to take some pictures for the agreed value.
So here they are.
She's a 1990 RSP, a special addition that was the re-launched of the mini cooper, which I purchased in 1994.

The exterior is pretty standard, with the exception of the wheels, Hella Lamps, and Monza style petrol cap.

The interior has genuine John cooper, walnut trim set (Dashboard, door capping's & handles, and gear nob), alloy window winders & door pulls, and mats, all bought from John Coopers actual garage in Ferring in 1994.

The engine has been bored out from the original 1275cc to 1380, by minispeed and is fitted with their "Stage 4" head.
To match this the brakes have been upgrade to MiniSport alloy 4 pot callipers over vented grooved disks at the front, and minifin alloy drums at the rear and braided hoses all round.
I can't wait till Tuesday when I'll be able to tax her and go for a blast :drive:

My other cars are 9 years 10 months ago #144174

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis
got another convertible a few days ago - a Megane CC.
Could get it for quite small money (∼£1400.00), so a manageable investment.

A 2004 model with 77k mls, 1.6 vvc engine.
Only fault so far is a non working rear window, seems to be a common fault with these cars and easy to fix.

But should someone tell you that working on a front engined car is easier than on a F/TF - that's a lie.
The engine bay is quite packed, to reach the front bulbs you have to go through a small hole in the front arch liner...

as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/

My other cars are 9 years 10 months ago #144180

My daily driver for the last six years is my trusty ZT turbo.It gets a bit neglected in favour of the F's in my life but I did treat it to a leather interior a couple years back and a nice double din head unit.I don't really have any good snaps of the exterior so I've just popped out and taken this.

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT