Sign In   Register

Topic

My other cars are 8 years 3 months ago #164200

Hi David,
I guess you were right. The screw was a little bit loose. I tightened it carefully, let the engine run for 25 minutes and: not one more drop.
So let's hope the problem is certainly cured.
Regards
Christof
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Please Log in to join the conversation.

My other cars are 8 years 3 months ago #164255

My other car is a 1996 LR Discovery 300Tdi Japan export.
Mark
95 MGF
Attachments:

My other cars are 8 years 3 months ago #164264

I would show you all a picture of my other vehicle but it's in the garage again needing a new fuel pump . New pump is on back order and will take 3 weeks to get here.I call it the Yankee heep ,so for now I have the TF and my defender 90 in daily use.

I will try to get a better picture of the 90
Attachments:

My other cars are 8 years 3 months ago #164335

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis
the best wife of all asked for an automatic car. Surprised her with this one this morning.

as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Bertl.

My other cars are 8 years 3 months ago #164459

the best wife of all

How many wifes do you have?

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

My other cars are 8 years 3 months ago #164587

New toy, I was looking for another convertible to replace my TF Steppy, but something with a bit more comfort and space. looked have at a few Boxsters and a couple of Merc SLK’s within my price range, all needed work but the price of parts and limited supply has put me off both.

After a bit of internet trawling I came across a VW Eos which is in need of some serous TLC, it’s a bit of a dog and I think a dog has been living inside it.

I have cleaned and polished the outside and the bodywork has come up quite good, I am about to make a start on the inside (I may need a skip) 1st job removing all the seats and steaming them.

There are a few mechanical tasks to do and one of them is a non functioning hard top which could turn out to be an expensive repair. However when done should be good fun for summer.

I know it’s a bit of a girlie car but I can always take a hairdressers course!

Brian.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars

My other cars are 8 years 1 month ago #166118

The Eos is now finished MOT'ed and all working fine, just need a bit more sun.

Attachments:

My other cars are 8 years 1 month ago #166120

Went out to bleed and jump start a car yesterday for a mate and saw this on the way back for £300 at a trade sale; couldn't resist, so £300 later here it is.

Apparently it over heats after about 30 miles, I couldn't find any problem but I think I will fit a new head gasket, stat, water pump and timing belt.

Attachments:

My other cars are 8 years 1 month ago #166124

Went out to bleed and jump start a car yesterday for a mate and saw this on the way back for £300 at a trade sale; couldn't resist, so £300 later here it is.

Apparently it over heats after about 30 miles, I couldn't find any problem but I think I will fit a new head gasket, stat, water pump and timing belt.

Why not try some dishwasher tablets in the coolant to start with (once you flush with water) - it could be a simple blockage at a valve somewhere - or even the expansion cap not keeping pressure!

My other cars are 8 years 1 month ago #166126

I know where you are coming from but being an ex TF owner x2 I am possibly suffering from acute OCD syndrome; so the fitting of a new head gasket, stat, water pump and timing belt will surely happen, and now you've added something else to the list (a new pressure cap) It all has to be done so I can sleep at night!

The main reason I have for doing the work is; the time, the space plus will enjoy doing the work, the bonus will be it should be spot on when it's done (hopefully) as I may keep it for a few months.

I know it's a Skoda but 120 hp and 55 + mpg to the gallon must make it a keeper!

Brian

My other cars are 8 years 1 month ago #166127

Those Skodas are bloody good cars!

My other cars are 7 years 11 months ago #167563

Hello.
The family run a round is a Golf. But my other car is a 1960 Ford Anglia 105e.

The car was bought new by my Father in 1960 from Hooley's Garage in Nottingham for £668 7/6p.
It has been in the family since then coming to me in 1984. It has been a wedding car and a play car for younger family members. I only do 1 or 2 shows a year. And only 'goes out' when no salt is on the road.
The mileage now stands at 89,360 miles, which I know to be genuine. Over the years bits have been welded and changed but no searious modifications have been done other than it now is on Radial Ply tyres. The rubber mats, which rotted have just been replaced by carpet.

A picture of the engine bay shows :-

A 997cc OHC engine capable??? of pushing the car up to 76mph and give a 0-60 in 29 seconds. These days I rarely do more than 50, and for acceleration times I would use a calendar. The heater can be seen on the left of the picture and was an extra on the basic model. :omg:

I am sure some of you know that the Anglia was used to evaluate/assess the Stopping Distances as given in the Highway Code. Considering the front breaks were 8" twin leading edge (shoe) drum breaks and the rear were same size but only single leading edge things have improved condiderably. :broon:

A Wizard of a car, ask Harry Potter. :yesnod:

Tony. B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys, Hammy

Last edit: Post by mgtftone. Reason: clarity
Time to create page: 0.287 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT