Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Wynns Valve Lifter Treatment 1 week 6 days ago #206585

My 2004 TF 135 is a bit tappety when I start it up. I don't use the car as often as I should so maybe it is just the oil draining down. The tapping disappears as the engine warms up. As it has done 112,000 miles I'm thinking of using some valve lifter additive. Is it worth doing or is this stuff ineffectual? If I'm going to use it, is it best to put it in after an oil change or to put it in and run it for a while before the oil change?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Wynns Valve Lifter Treatment 1 week 6 days ago #206586

I have used it both before (some time before) and after oil changes and to my ears anyway it did work and was was not detrimental, it was on information from Jon of Rough Luck, he advised its use as a means of cleaning the valve gallery's so co.ing from such a knowledge base I gave it a try

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: BruceTF135

Wynns Valve Lifter Treatment 1 week 5 days ago #206597

My experience here is with a Vauxhall 2L “red top” engine .
After re building the engine if fitted after market hydraulic tappets that came in a plastic box filled with a fluid of some sort.
Due to various delays some fluid was lost before installation.
One tappet was a right little problem and never did get better regardless of the number of oil changes and flushing agents used.
But changing the oil did quieten the rest down.
So, in conclusion what have you got to lose?
If it doesn’t work, put a flushing agent in and change the oil again, then “back to the drawing board”.
That would be my approach.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT