Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Passenger fuse box layout diagram 4 months 2 weeks ago #205104

• Harry's Avatar Topic Author
  • Harry
  • Apprentice MGer
  • Apprentice MGer
I’ve always found this hard to read as the descriptions are written so our US friends can read them easily from the wrong side of the car but those in the right are faced with ‘wrong way round’
I’ve had them re written in a more civilised manner and the result is much more pleasing to the eye and easier to decipher.
If anyone is interested I can post a copy
Brian

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Passenger fuse box layout diagram 4 months 2 weeks ago #205106

Any effort to make all aspect in whatever area clearer for members across continents is encouraged.
With your head stuffed under the steering wheel squinting into the dark hole of the foot well in an attempt to track a wayward fuse will have caused most of us an irritation, if not an outright problem.
So yes, let’s have a look & if clarity is improved I’m sure that the Headmaster would add it to the information cubbyhole.
M

Passenger fuse box layout diagram 4 months 2 weeks ago #205109

I would be interested in seeing that.

Passenger fuse box layout diagram 4 months 2 weeks ago #205110

Another vote from me. Good work on behalf of owners.

Passenger fuse box layout diagram 4 months 2 weeks ago #205146

• Harry's Avatar Topic Author
  • Harry
  • Apprentice MGer
  • Apprentice MGer
Try this JPEG
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Airportable, RookyMGF, freelancer

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Passenger fuse box layout diagram 4 months 2 weeks ago #205147

It's very nicely annotated but which fuse box is this? The fuse box under the driver's side dash in my 2004 TF isn't like this.

Passenger fuse box layout diagram 4 months 2 weeks ago #205149

That looks like a Mk2 F / Mk1 TF fusebox I think.
I only realised the Mk2 TF fusebox was so different when i had both a 2002 and a 2003 car at the same time for a short while
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Passenger fuse box layout diagram 4 months 2 weeks ago #205150

It looks the same as the one on my 98 mgf.

Passenger fuse box layout diagram 4 months 5 days ago #205252

A further note on this. There’s a web site called Carfusebox.com which has illustrations of fuse/relay orientations in a number of cars, MG’s included. The one shown for the mk1 tf is remarkably similar to that shown by our contributor.
Also if you go on Google images & type MGf fuse box layout amongst much else you will find in blue another delineation.
It can be quicker to nip to sites like these than to rummage through what some, myself included, would consider normal channels.
M

Passenger fuse box layout diagram 4 months 4 days ago #205258

Actually, there are pictures all of the fuseboxes (under bonnet and internal)on the forum already, but they take a bit of digging. Go to photos and look for my useful photos folder. If you scroll through there you'll find them.

I would put them in to a how to, but I first need to figure out how to extract those photos to a new post...
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Airportable

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Passenger fuse box layout diagram 4 months 4 days ago #205260

Thanks David, it’s donkeys years since I was in the photographic department & I had forgotten how interesting it is. I wanted to look at a particular aspect of the car & had failed to find a satisfactory picture on Google, five minutes through the lower orders gave me what I wanted.
It’s also of interest to look at the contributors names & how few are still active.
Time passes & no amount of running backwards will recover those lost days.
M

Passenger fuse box layout diagram 4 months 3 days ago #205266

The carfusebox.com website seems poor. just checked a few and they were all wrong. The MG TF LE500 they show is a MGF one as the diagram above, not the LE500 or later MG Rover and SAIC ones.

The best I have seen is by Roverlike at https://www.the-t-bar.com/forum/roverlike-s-guides/97846-mg-f-tf-fuse-relay-listing
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roverlike

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT