Sign In   Register

Topic

Bleeding clutchagain 6 months 1 day ago #204589

I have to say thinking about what has been suggested it makes sense that the slave or release arm is sticking and not fully returning to its correct position. Hence, why last year it didn't seem to be a problem. If I can get under the car this weekend I will initially try some lubricant on the release arm around the casing point and see if that improves the situation, else it's a bit deeper look at the slave cylinder action.
I did enjoy the tractor talk it shed years off me especially when you reminded me of when your father gives you advice, well I think that was what it was ment to be.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MGB281

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Bleeding clutchagain 6 months 23 hours ago #204600

I think that you misinterpreted the bit about my fathers "advice", it went something like this, "If you keep slipping that clutch you will burn it out and you will pay for another one". Fifty odd years ago a clutch replacement was virtually always a dealership job, about six years ago I did one on a mid seventies MF, a couple of hours work and less than £500.
I would use an aerosol of chain lubricant rather rather than using oil to lubricate the arm, it sprays out thin like a penetrating oil and after a few minutes the solvent evaporates leaving a thin film of grease.

Bleeding clutchagain 6 months 23 hours ago #204601

I wish I could find my chain oil, brilliant stuff, mine had molyslip carried in the solvent with many other carcinogenic stuff. No wonder we’ve no engineers left to educate the few young folk who want to learn the tradition.
Easy start did for a goodly number also along with farmers with out of sorts tractors & hauliers with four wheeled rigid Bedfords.
An engine could become as addicted along with the driver.
M

Bleeding clutchagain 6 months 22 hours ago #204603

I have been clearing out the garage today and found some Easy Start at the back, couldn't resist a quick wiff, nothing is like it used to be. No lead in paint, no DDT for the bed bugs B)

Bleeding clutchagain 6 months 18 hours ago #204606

We don’t have easystart here…….we have this instead

Diesel’s get addicted to it, is washed away the oil from the bores causing wear, therefore less compression and harder starting requiring more of this stuff to start it.
It’s known in the trade as diesel drugs.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Airportable

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Bleeding clutchagain 6 months 5 hours ago #204607

Call me an old cynic who regularly tricks up cans of WD40 to read WD?? dependant on the recipients birthday I did not believe Start Ya Bastard existed, go ogle confirms it does and now I want a can.
My tractor experience is limited to a MF35, living all my life in London until well into my 50's I semi retire to the country and end up working on a small holding and learnt how to do all the jobs a MF35 can do inc spraying and ploughing (sort of, made the OB's laugh anyway) What really amazed me was these 60/70 year old tractors are still used so widely that you can go into any Agricultural Suppliers and get parts off the shelf for them, if only with my TF.

Bleeding clutchagain 6 months 5 hours ago #204608

Start ya bastard is probably the finest name for any motoring additive & I too want some. If it were possible to slip a can in my coffin when the starter eventually fails to crank, it would be good to go out with a huge bang & a sheet of blue flames.
I doubt the council would be happy about installing a new crematorium.
I love connection some of us have with Land Rovers, Jag’s MG’s & now tractors.
I bought my tractor off a farm at Kirby Stephen, the link box from another farm up there & my plough came from Skye. I wanted a Newlands plough & found one up there whilst on holiday, twelve months later we returned with the trailer, holidayed then brought it home.
When we went to Ireland for our month away we return with new old stock headlights for the Fergy
Mounting brackets off a dead one in a field & a few parts for the hydraulics.
Apart from the large castings most parts for Fergy T20 upwards are available & off the shelf. Jean the farmers wife used hers most days & it draws the Bamford bailer at harvest.
Yes we’re a bit mad in our house.
M

Last edit: Post by Airportable.

Bleeding clutchagain 6 months 4 hours ago #204609

I’d send you blokes some but I doubt Auspost would be pleased if I did

Bleeding clutchagain 6 months 4 hours ago #204612

They make a WD40 equivalent

And they make a bottle opener too
Attachments:

Bleeding clutchagain 6 months 3 hours ago #204613

Why would Auspost object, is there an embargo on the export of national treasures.
A special export licence required? A genuine fear that some unscrupulous bastard might copy ya kit; the bastards.
All the Aus kit I’ve used has been brilliant apart from the piss you send us as beer & I know you keep the good stuff for yourselves.
Oh & wasn’t all that keen on the way your test match team reacted to Jonny Bairstow so called stumping. I know it wasn’t your fault but you must carry your share of the responsibility in a Corporate Australia 🇦🇺 way.
M
M

Bleeding clutchagain 6 months 3 hours ago #204614

They don’t like things that could blow up, I’ll check but they will most likely have a conniption

Bleeding clutchagain 6 months 13 minutes ago #204615

Yeah aerosols are banned by Auspost and as they will X-ray them before departure they will be picked up before they leave.
They are also banned for import into the UK so even if the did get through from this end they’d get picked up by UK customs upon entry.

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT