Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

A farting flexy pipe. 7 months 1 week ago #204204

I suspect the flexy pipe from the manifold to the back box has served the car from new & has now started to fart around the bellows joint. This enhances the sound the car makes but will only get worse until, at the most inappropriate moment, the parts will part company.
My car has the four bolt manifold which has been with the car from new & has deteriorated along with the nuts & studs. A study of parts pricing shows that the six bolt manifold is readily available at attractive prices (£18-00 from ‘Bitz) the flexy pipes with six bolts can be had for less than the four but is the geometry the same for the two after that?
Looking at the internet illustrations the two types seem indistinguishable other than the bolt count, can anyone confirm this compatibility please.
M

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:A farting flexy pipe. 7 months 1 week ago #204205

Yes they are compatible, obviously you need the associated downpipe I bought a Klarious one, although they seem to be cheap they are decent quality and were oem suppliers in my tenure at Rover Longbridge.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Re:A farting flexy pipe. 7 months 1 week ago #204206

Are the 2 types of flexi pipe just the same where they meet the catalytic converter ? Im consious the F and TF cats are different shapes.
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Re:A farting flexy pipe. 7 months 1 week ago #204207

Hats off to both of you, that’s great information, especially the OEM supplier.
We’re sat under leaden skies whilst the rain beats a tattoo on the van roof, we’re in the Cotswolds eking out the last of our holiday allowance & today is the first this year where rain has kept us inside.
And so as we’ll be home on Saturday, today is a good day to order loads of stuff to arrive to coincide with my return to the workshop. Good work you two.
M

A farting flexy pipe. 6 months 4 weeks ago #204281

I don't know if this would be of interest but I have just refitted my flexi down pipe and cat (4 bolt manifold) and I got the new gaskets from GSF car parts for 22 pence each.

A farting flexy pipe. 6 months 4 weeks ago #204283

What! Postie brought me all the gaskets a short while ago. Do they have anything else at throwaway prices?
Subframes possibly.
M

A farting flexy pipe. 6 months 4 weeks ago #204284

Did you use a GSF trade counter for your purchases, if so which one. GSF absorbed a company I deal with for “modern car” parts from there local trade counter, it never occurred to me to try them for older items having been disappointed in the past.
M

A farting flexy pipe. 6 months 4 weeks ago #204298

I got them from the bromsgrove branch as my local was out of stock. They came up in a Google search.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Airportable

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT