Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Thinking ahea 8 months 1 week ago #203945

As I stand in the workshop watching high summer swill down the newly fitted windows. I’m aligning all the winter jobs, largish initially thinning out to lamp upgrades just before taxing it in 2024.
One job is playing with an external fuel pressure regulator in an attempt to clear a flat spot; this has alluded all attempts to shift. This means taking the fuel rail off, which is fine, however whilst off I’d planned to have the injectors checked. And then I found a forgotten set of pristine blue ones.
I should know whether a blue set is compatible with a 1998 VVC, but I simply can’t remember. There’s conflicting information out there, even in Roger Parkers book, please can anyone give me a definitive answer?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Airportable.

Thinking ahea 8 months 1 week ago #203946

95 -99/00 all 1.4 16v, 1.6, 1.8 and 1.8VVC used same injector MJY100430
Cream Band (143VVC) injectors: MEMS 2J

210 cc/min / 5 = 42

from 99/00 onwards 16v 1.8VVC used MJY100580
Blue (TF160) injectors: MEMS 3

190 cc/min / 5 = 38

Last edit: Post by Roverlike.

Thinking ahea 8 months 1 week ago #203952

Just to be annoying…….. I have an injector testing and ultrasonic cleaning machine too! :coat:
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Thinking ahea 8 months 1 week ago #203954

That's just the stuff I wanted, why couldn't I find it? You do find information of the finest quality & at the drop of a hat.
Thank you, M

Thinking ahea 8 months 1 week ago #203955

And thanks to you you old bugger, it's good to have you back on line, did all go well. Whats the tester made of, an old stirrup pump & a vibrator running on 24v?

Thinking ahea 8 months 1 week ago #203958

Still moving will be for the next month, it may surprise you that I have a lotta stuff to move, especially in the workshop.
I jump on here whenever there is a lull in the proceedings.
The Injector machine is pretty new, in fact I haven’t got around to using it yet

Back to packing and sorting
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Airportable

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Thinking ahea 8 months 1 week ago #204004

I’m still faffing about the VVC injectors. Roverlike provided what I thought was the definitive answer & went off on a hunt for MJY100430 & damn it, it looks like I’ve more chances of finding a walrus in the garden bird bath.
There out there but not at an attractive enough price to peek my interest.
Oh & yes I’ve looked at Rimmers, everyone does, they’re the Bellwether & they now only list our old friend the blue MKY100580.
So I’ll fit those whilst I have my originals serviced & if they are OK I might just forget the originals in the same way as I forgot about the blue ones.
M

Thinking ahea 8 months 4 days ago #204052

Thinking ahea 8 months 4 days ago #204053

Thank you again for your first rate contribution, the information here opens up a whole new & fresh vista.
The list of vehicles to which this injector is applied makes the acquisition of a good set to be refurbished easier on the wallet than the listed price of £126.
I’ve lots of time to acquire & have a set reworked, besides there is a Rover 25 on my pet scrappy’s yard. This car was owned & cosseted by a lady who came to our church until infirmity curtailed her visits. See stopped driving & no one wanted her car & so it sits on its discs having waved goodbye to its wheels shortly after its ignominious abandonment.
M

Thinking ahea 8 months 4 days ago #204055

Be careful with Rover 25 because from 99/00 onwards all 16v non VVC engines used MJY100640 injectors.

Seller just provided info to which engine you can mount injectors he is selling, but not on which cars you will find injectors mounted from factory. So from my point of view you need to look on any cars prior to 1999 to find beige injectors mounted from factory.

Thinking ahea 8 months 3 days ago #204056

Thank you again, from my perspective your contributions are invaluable. Information like this & other items you have helped us with would be all but impossible to come by if you were to rely solely on a learning on the task technique which most hobby mechanic employ.
You can study the workshop manual & consult a forum such as this but unless there is a contributor with the breadth of knowledge seamlessly at their fingertips you won’t be finding these nuggets.
Thanks again.
M
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roverlike

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT