Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

heated rear window wire run? 8 months 2 weeks ago #203851

The heated rear screen on my new hood didn't come with the loom attached. It's easy enough to wire up but what is the right way to run the wire to the terminal on the far side of the screen. Theres nothing obvious to anchor it to stop it dangling. Should the wire be glued along the top or bottom edge of the screen ?
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

heated rear window wire run? 8 months 2 weeks ago #203855

That’s what I’ve done, little dobs of cyanoacrylate every few inches (other measuring increments are available but rarely fully understood by persons over a certain age).

heated rear window wire run? 8 months 2 weeks ago #203862

Thanks. Did you run it above or below the glass ?

I will have to buy some cyanoacrylate. Is this the stuff you recommended for repairing the instrument binnacle cowling ?
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

heated rear window wire run? 8 months 2 weeks ago #203863

That’s what I’ve done, little dobs of cyanoacrylate every few inches (other measuring increments are available but rarely fully understood by persons over a certain age).

I have the same problem with running the wire on the hood on my wife's F, there is nothing to anchor it to.

Would you happen to have a picture showing the wire glued in place?
Mark
95 MGF

heated rear window wire run? 8 months 2 weeks ago #203869

We’ve just returned from a run around some of the nice bits of Yorkshire, it’s always good to take a look at what an extended Lancashire would have looked like if the War of the Roses had turned out differently.
It rained on the way back so the hoods wet, I’ll let it dry & then I’ll have a photo session. Cyanoacrylate is the Sunday best name for super glue, I use it in conjunction with an activator which accelerates curing from minutes to moments
M

heated rear window wire run? 8 months 2 weeks ago #203871

Does the wire run above or below the window ?
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

heated rear window wire run? 8 months 2 weeks ago #203872

At the end of the day it’s entirely up to you, I ran mine beneath the window along the rubber, hopefully the photos will explain my methodology. The watchword with any adhesive is cleanliness & the accelerator helps before & after application. I use it to clean both surfaces prior to the big stick, this chemically cleans the surfaces & always prepare a mechanism to hold both workpieces together once the adhesive is applied. If you want a quick stick another squint will fix in an instant, however I have an instinct that is a more brittle fixture than allowing the cyno’ to cure as a matter of course.
Lecture over.
M

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mowog73

Last edit: Post by Bertl. Reason: pics inserted

heated rear window wire run? 8 months 2 weeks ago #203873

Thanks. That looks neat. I will go for the same
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

heated rear window wire run? 8 months 2 weeks ago #203892

Fantastic Mike, thanks, this is really helpful.
Mark
95 MGF

heated rear window wire run? 8 months 2 weeks ago #203895

Your welcome chaps, it's always good to pass around ideas.
M

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT