Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Bleeding Coolant 8 months 2 weeks ago #203529

Hi all
Noticed that the coolant in the expansion tank was rising and bubbling. I've put a new cap on and decided to bleed the system. No air came out the radiator however nothing at all came out of the heater bleed nipple. I haven't lost any water and not over heating and oil seems clean. Any suggestions to what it could be gratefully received.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Bleeding Coolant 8 months 2 weeks ago #203532

The heater matrix bleed nipple gets grotted up, or more accurately oxide & other detritus builds up around the nipple end. Set your stall out prior to clearing this out, you’ll obviously want to get the nipple back in once clear, you won’t want coolant pissing out all over the place whilst to find the bloody thing. Tuck it in a fold of the towel you’ll need to dry up after.
Remove the nipple & see above & with an old bike wheel spoke or similar poke the grot out. Last time I did this for a friend there was a wonderful fart, followed by a steady flow of coolant. His problem was cured, I hope yours will be also.
M

Bleeding Coolant 8 months 2 weeks ago #203533

Was the wonderful fart from the car or you? :bust:
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Bleeding Coolant 8 months 2 weeks ago #203534

We share similar interests, which can solicit similar gaseous expulsions. There are two types of fart; one good, the other regrettable.
M

Bleeding Coolant 8 months 2 weeks ago #203535

Here in Oz doing the regrettable type is known as following through
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Bleeding Coolant 8 months 2 weeks ago #203538

Thanks for the reply
I had tne heater to hot, took the nipple out and poked about with a very thin screw driver which only went in about an inch or so and hit something solid (would that be normal, but no grud.

Bleeding Coolant 8 months 2 weeks ago #203542

In polite society the follow through refers to the bowling action after the bowler has released the ball. There are a number of Australian fast bowlers whose follow through is legendary, who could forget Glen McGrath epic follow through at the MCG. Dennis Lillee for those with good memories, more up to date Mitchell Starc. Now he left an absolute scorcher at the Oval, the groundsmen had a fair old job on their hands getting ready for the next game. Sorting out his run up & follow through after the match was not for the faint hearted.
M

Bleeding Coolant 8 months 2 weeks ago #203543

Did you feel any resistance or did the screwdriver go in with no problem?
An inch doesn’t sound far enough, the trouble is I’m loath to advise too much prodding. If I were at home I’d have a look at mine, I’ve a selection of picks & podgers that some with sprung ends with which I could poke about with confidence.
At the bottom of the bleed hole there’s a taper where the nipple seats, if your screwdriver blade is fouling on that & not breaking through, you wouldn’t know.
I’ll have to leave it to your discretion.
M

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT