Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Alarm system 11 months 2 weeks ago #202080

Morning Success at last ,cross fingers. I sent the 5AS box and two fobs to Technozen as members recommended and Paul Brown has sorted it all out for me .The 5AS box wasnt very good in picking up a signal,so he repaired that and the main problem was the original key fob was faulty which he repaired .I also sent him a spare key fob,which he programmed to match the 5AS box .Fitted them yesterday and did as Paul said and car now start ,sI can get to use it after 8 months restoration .When locking the drivers door is it best to use the key,or the fob and when unlocking it Thanks to all the Forum members with their advice Len

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Alarm system 11 months 2 weeks ago #202082

I always use the fob to lock/ unlock, but it is worth using the key occasionally with a little graphite on it to stop the lock seizing up.
David
:shrug:

Alarm system 11 months 2 weeks ago #202084

I don’t ever recall using the key, not even to test the key code. Once I’d managed to extend the range to a usable distance it never crossed my mind to use the key. Even when I had to hold the fob against the windscreen I still persevered with it. The only reason I know it’s the correct key is that it opens the boot, although that’s not cast iron. I’ll give the lock a poke later to make sure, then I’ll go to the locksmith & replenish my stock of graphite.

Last edit: Post by Airportable.

Alarm system 11 months 2 weeks ago #202097

Thanks Im glad I asked,as I thought everyone would use their key Len

Alarm system 11 months 2 weeks ago #202098

I forgot to add,when I bought the car the seller said to be careful not to lock myself out as the lock had seized. I did remove the barrel and tried to clean it but it was well and truly gone So as an emergency,I removed the tumblers ,so I could at least open the door with the correct key. In that case someone would still have to have the correct key profile to open it .This gives me time to look for another lock barrel,but it will mean yet another key

Alarm system 11 months 2 weeks ago #202101

This is good coming from me but stop fiddling with it, lock it with the remote when you leave it, but in the interim get behind the wheel & get it out on the road as that’s where it excels. I spent a chunk of last evening resolving a problem I created whist doing something that didn’t need doing & I still need to tidy tools up that needn’t have been out if I hadn’t been farting about.

Alarm system 11 months 2 weeks ago #202102

I had to get the key lock working,if I had a problem with the fob battery going or something wrong with the fob I wouldn`t have been able to get in the car . I received the V5 from the DVLA and it wasn`t till I tried to tax it on line I noticed,that the previous owner had the taxation class as disable (tax free) I phoned DVLA to tax it and you cant do that I have to go to a Post Office to do it ,So it will be Tuesday Why you cant do it on the phone to DVLA is a mystery

Alarm system 11 months 2 weeks ago #202105

Just waiting to get it taxed Len
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate. Reason: Inserted pic

Alarm system 11 months 2 weeks ago #202106

That’s a fine looking example & worth fussing over, we only need a white example & with my blue car we would have the colours of our national flag & on today, quite appropriate.

Alarm system 11 months 2 weeks ago #202122

That's a very nice looking F.

Probably not a popular view but I do prefer the classic look of the front of the F to that of my TF. Classic roundish lights reminiscent of the late MGB and RV8.
I've read of some who have fitted the TF bumper and lights on an F to gain the benefit of the TF's better lighting but have thought that a pity.
If the parts came up at the right price id be tempted to give my TF the F front end treatment in place of the slotted grille and teardrop lights .
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Alarm system 11 months 2 weeks ago #202152

I had to take the V5 to our local Post Office.The previous owner had the car registered as disabled tax class and I was unable to tax it on line I sent the V5 to the DVLA and for some strange reason they wouldn`t change it over to normal tax and returned the V5 If HEAD OFFICE cant change it ,thats strange I cant try the car out today as we are going out for the day ,so looking forward to tomorrow .Im not sure if the fuel gauge is OK,I was told by the previous owner ,there was nearly half a tank of petrol ,which unfortunately has been there since last July I put another 2 galls in today,to freshen it up ,but the gauge didnt move . I`ll try the old trick of shorting the lead down on the tank sender and see the gauge works Always something to do Len

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT