Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MG F KEY FOB 1 year 1 week ago #201834

As Ive mentioned a few times ,I have alarm problems on my MG F Ive just had a mobile diagnostic man come and look a the car The problem is,the alarm is on and since the key fob isnt working he cant switch the alarm off . Since it is in this state ,he said he is unable to disable the alarm so Im in an awkward situation If I could find a key fob ,even long enough to switch the alarm off it may help Len

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MG F KEY FOB 1 year 1 week ago #201835

Sorry I forgot to add,someone mentioned a firm who can reprogram your ECU does anyone have the name of this company Len

Re:MG F KEY FOB 1 year 1 week ago #201838

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.technozen-electronics.co.uk/&ved=2ahUKEwiextfi-rj-AhUPiFwKHR_EAAEQ_Bd6BAgSEAY&usg=AOvVaw2TOKFRys9XjVeNxwsZDXZu

This guy will help, he can provide new programmed fobs if you send him the ecu, he will also read the EKA code for you.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Re:MG F KEY FOB 1 year 1 week ago #201840

At last I seem to be getting somewhere ,thanks to members help cant wait,to actually drive the MG Len

Re:MG F KEY FOB 1 year 6 days ago #201858

I have been in contact with Technozen and it looks promising .I did ask if it was possible,to permanently disable the alarm but they wern`t keen,saying it would require extra wiring,which member havealso said this .However several members have said its a case of removing the wire from pin 13 of the ECU only,when the alarm is not on .Other members have said that doing this ,the engine would still not work ,while someone said a 12volt supply via the ignition switch as to be connected to the ECU .Has any member actually permanently disabled their alarm system on their car,or is it just what they have heard .Knowing problems the alarm can cause,even if and when I get it sorted Id like it disabled .Technozen say in their write up ,the ECU can be programmed so the key fob is no longer required ,How does the alarm then be switched off .One day Ill get to drive the MG but I think Im getting nearer Len

Re:MG F KEY FOB 1 year 3 days ago #201910

Paul Brown at Technozen recommends I have the key fobs repaired and matched to the ECU he doesn`t believe its best to have alarm disabled. He said once he`s finished the system will be 100 % which is allI require .Ill let members know when I have the ECU back and fitted Len

MG F KEY FOB 11 months 4 weeks ago #201956

Hello Len

I have a terrible fear of my imobilizer operation as having brought my MG F as a barn find and it cost me more than the car to get around the issue of not having the imobalizer fob. I eventually found a wizard that was able to get around it but he is in Australia.

I have seen this kit online (from WA in Autstalia) and will probably go down this path as car theft issues have been ameleoriated by evolution here in Australia. Most car thieves here are adolesent and usually only steal top of the range new cars and would think a manual car is a book.

-WA imobaliser Imobaliser kit.
https://www.immobiliserparts.com.au/MGF-IMMOBILISER-BYPASS-KIT-p/mgf-immobiliser-bypass.htm

-UK company that might have a solution for you.
Remobilise Ltd
42 Rhosnewydd
Tumble
Llanelli
SA14 6LA
United Kingdom
Tel: 01269 843068
Mob: 0787 142 4445
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
http://www.remobilise.co.uk
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/remobilise-ltd

MG F KEY FOB 11 months 4 weeks ago #201958

Because of immobiliser systems, car thieves around here ( Melbourne ) now either car jack or break into your house to steal the keys,
So now not only is the immobiliser virtually pointless, it’s only made the situation worse and more dangerous.
Instead of just pinching your car, there is the possibility of them injuring you in the process of car jacking or of knocking off all your other stuff when they break in.
Worse still is if the nasty little, junkie, vermin, scrotes are breaking in whilst your home, then they can injure you whilst stealing your stuff.
That’s what I call progress!
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

MG F KEY FOB 11 months 4 weeks ago #201961

hELLO i WAS ADVISED ,TO SEND MY ALARM UNIT AND KEY FOBS TO technozen to be matched up I spoke to Paul Brown at Technozen and he guarantees that once he has set them it will be 100% He also said ,there is no point in disabling the alarm,if its then working correctly Im waiting for mine to be returned and then to fit it Ill keep the Forum posted Len

MG F KEY FOB 11 months 4 weeks ago #201962

Sorry hit the capitals key incorrectly

MG F KEY FOB 11 months 4 weeks ago #201970

I have used Paul Brown ( Technozen) twice and I cannot recommend him highly enough. Once you have him sort the fobs and immobiliser you will be fine . In Paul we trust .

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT