Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Door relays? 1 year 1 month ago #201441

Hi again, new owner here. Opening either door results in rapid clicking sounds from the door, sounding like a relay possibly. Is this a known issue? Thanks again, really enjoying getting to know my first MG.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Door relays? 1 year 1 month ago #201442

The so-called machine gun sound from a lock is often attributed to the imminent failure of said lock. But...

If both locks are doing it, I'd be questioning what else it might be.

My first guess would be a low battery. A low battery is the cause of numerous problems on the TF (and very likely the F too).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim479

Door relays? 1 year 1 month ago #201450

My passenger door lock 'machine-gunned' intermittently for quite a while after I bought my TF. However this eventually seemed to clear up, so I wonder if lack of use is an issue as much as imminent failure. My car basically hadn't been used for 3 or 4 years before it came to me.

Door relays? 1 year 1 month ago #201452

That’s interesting, I had a similar experience when the notionally faulty parts replacement arrived. It behaved faultlessly until I changed it (why?), I then stripped the “old” part to see what was adrift, could see nothing & whilst reassembling it a part jumped ship & has never been seen or heard of since.
And the moral of this story is don’t bugger about with a dead end job when there’s more productive stuff to be done.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Notanumber

Door relays? 1 year 3 weeks ago #201607

Thanks, a bit of regular use and the relays have stopped clicking.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT