Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

car wouldn't start 1 year 2 months ago #201160

I have just been to the garage to put fuel into my MGF VVC 1.8 and the engine turned over but wouldn't fire-up. kept pumping the accelarator and eventually the engine fired up....bit lumpy at first and then fine after a few revs.

is this an indication of fuel starvation, blocked fuel filter or bad spark plugs?

Wondered if anyone else had experienced this and how did you resolve it.

ANy suggestions gratefully received.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

car wouldn't start 1 year 2 months ago #201164

Probably a silly question, Eric, but was it filled with the correct fuel? Sounds a little like the system resetting itself to new parameters.

That's assuming this was the first time you'd seen this problem.

Luck, David

car wouldn't start 1 year 2 months ago #201166

An interesting thought but one that doesn't hold up to scrutiny. If Eric had driven to the forecourt with no issues but struggled to restart after filing up, it would be the same fuel in the network that had brought him there. If missfueling were the problem then that would be noted as he drove away from the pump.
I doubt clearing of the MEMs system of its learned parameters would cause such an interruption of service, indeed I have reset my car, also a VVC, of all knowledge of my bad driving habits & noticed little difference.
Sorry Eric, this might not get you any closer to the root cause, however has the problem resurfaced?

Last edit: Post by Airportable.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT