Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Boot Rack key 1 year 4 months ago #200638

• pgew's Avatar Topic Author
  • pgew
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
I have the OE MG boot rack with the clips around the boot sides and the four wellies (!). I can't find the damn key - could anyone take a photo of theirs,
and if I can't find the damn thing, anyone has a spare I could get copied?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Boot Rack key 1 year 4 months ago #200639

Not really, as they are different. While the key itself is a standard profile, it will be cut to the lock so you have little chance of success.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pgew

Boot Rack key 1 year 4 months ago #200640

• pgew
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
I found this candidate, but doesn't look too likely?
Attachments:

Boot Rack key 1 year 4 months ago #200644

Well there's one way to find out.

Boot Rack key 1 year 4 months ago #200645

My key number is R010 which might be an off the shelf item. Failing that strip off the lock from the rack & take it to a Good locksmith & they will sort it.

Boot Rack key 1 year 4 months ago #200650

I believe they were made by Thule.
I got around this very problem another way, the locks stayed locked as I’ve never had a key for them. Can’t remember what I did but if I remember I’ll have a look tomorrow and it would be better PMing you the details as folks would get nervous about security if I was to post the workaround on a public forum.

You might worry about once you do the workaround that the security will be compromised. But you’d have to know the workaround to steal it as it’s not obvious to the average casual cretinous thief.

Remember that locks only keep out honest people, determined wrong doers will always find away to get past them.
The real value in locks isn’t that they are undefeatable the value is that they should be too much effort and time to bother with, they’d be better off finding an easier target
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Boot Rack key 1 year 4 months ago #200651

• pgew
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Hi - Thank you, that's very helpful. Please do pm me. Best Regards

Boot Rack key 1 year 4 months ago #200656

It is a double sided key by Eurolocks on mine.

Boot Rack key 1 year 4 months ago #200658

I'm not all that bothered about security on the rack, any scrote that wanted what was on it (a box that my felling axe came in) they'd have to break into the house, get past both dog & alarm, find the wardrobe on which it lives, before trying to get out.
Note the box had an axe in it, Had an axe in it, the axe might be anywhere in the house, also I collect vintage edged tools!

Boot Rack key 1 year 4 months ago #200659

I only use mine to throw the spare on, so as I can use the front compartment for extra luggage.
I’d rather the spare got stolen, wet, or covered in dust and shit than my clothes and stuff.
And no one here’d bother pinching a shity space saver spare that won’t fit anything else but a TR7
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Boot Rack key 1 year 4 months ago #200664

• pgew
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Honestly, where's all the real expertise gone these days? Why did no one tell that the rear arm-rest opens? This morning
I carried out a full search in the front compartment and only then did it occur to me the rear arm rest had a funny tab
on the top, and when I pulled at it, it opened (I might do a full how-to on this one), and there was the attached - even a funny
key, called Ronis, and with a number on it, so I might invest in a second key for Xmas? Problem solved!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT