Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Morning sickness. 1 year 7 months ago #199901

I hope this works for you, you've been like a dog with a bone, sensors, ECUs are OK until you get one that seems to have a mind of it's own. I have a lamba sensor with an intermittent fault (I think) EML comes on, put pscan on (I'm a novice) both sensors seem OK so clear the fault everything's fine for a day, a week, a month or more then ping EML on. I've cleaned the connectors with contact cleaner and it made no difference seems I'll have to wait for it to fail entirely or change both and throw one good one away.
The following user(s) said Thank You: minimax

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Morning sickness. 1 year 7 months ago #199904

I hope this works for you, you've been like a dog with a bone, sensors, ECUs are OK until you get one that seems to have a mind of it's own. I have a lamba sensor with an intermittent fault (I think) EML comes on, put pscan on (I'm a novice) both sensors seem OK so clear the fault everything's fine for a day, a week, a month or more then ping EML on. I've cleaned the connectors with contact cleaner and it made no difference seems I'll have to wait for it to fail entirely or change both and throw one good one away.

Didn't you have historic fault saying lambda sensor and after that in which bank it is?

Morning sickness. 1 year 7 months ago #199908

This morning was the coldest so far. Drove half a mile to the pub at 8 and as expected, the car was almost undriveable. A substantial breakfast later, The car was completely fine. It is the IAT sensor. Roll on Tuesday when the new one arrives. The diagnosis has been done by reason and elimination rather than throwing parts at it and by ruling out things it couldn't be by test and experimentation.

Morning sickness. 1 year 7 months ago #199940

Seems to have nailed it. The engine burst into life with a perceptibly more eager timbre and settled to an idle about 20-30 rpm faster. A run around the block at 7.30 this morning was without any hesitation so I think I have it. I shall use the MG next week and see if it continues to behave itself.

Morning sickness. 1 year 7 months ago #199942

So far so good. Pulled away as soon as the engine was running and found there was no hesitation so I am happy with it.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT