Sign In   Register

Topic

Another little project... 2 years 3 weeks ago #198725

Boards ready to be etched this evening. Should have them populated early next week.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Another little project... 2 years 3 weeks ago #198729

I always look forward to your posts as you speak my language, I have a foot in both the electronics camp & mechanical engineering.
The work on the hydragas spheres parallels what I’m on with at present. I have all the kit for nitrogen replenishment but no nitrogen, however I’ve got all the kit for argon.
Both are inert & not too dissimilar at an atomic level (someone, the chemists amongst us, are going to bollock me for that).
A friend who is a qualified chemist says should be fine, get on with it. That would normally be enough to get on, however Tom is now a vicar!

Another little project... 2 years 3 weeks ago #198730

Thanks. The ones I took out of the F are good on the front and seem ok on the back so I am going to make a set of spares for mine later in the year as there is lots else to do and I have replaced the spheres on my car last week. This weekend I need to mop the paintwork after the hand wash dried the car despite being asked nicely not to. The Saharan dust did it no good at all and I was less than pleased. The electric mirrors need wiring and fitting and the windows need setting up with new stopsin order to make everything perfect but tonight was a triumph. All ten boards etched and drilled so I can stay late at work tomorrow and amuse myself making the boards. Once the system has been fully tested, I can get on with playing with the car!
The following user(s) said Thank You: LanderMG

Another little project... 2 years 3 weeks ago #198740

The afternoon went well. The PCBs are all populated and sometime this weekend, I shall complete the first unit and test the software in my MGF.
The door cards could do with coming off as I have new stops to fit and the electric mirrors need fitting and wiring up so I shall be busy tomorrow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ohnonottwins

Last edit: Post by minimax.

Another little project... 2 years 3 weeks ago #198741

Are you replacing the connectors on the mirrors or have you managed to source a mate, I struggled to find a matching unit when I did mine, however I eventually traced them to an item used on motor bikes. It’s a long time ago but would be able to trace the supplier.
I made up looms using the appropriate colours, that was when you could buy the vast majority of combinations of base colour & tracer. That dates me a bit!

Another little project... 2 years 3 weeks ago #198743

Thanks. I sourced the connectors from a retired TF. The correct cable colours are still available but I shall be using non standard colours as I have cable around that cost me nothing and I won't have to wait for. This morning though I am running around shopping. Roof down, of course.

Another little project... 2 years 3 weeks ago #198750

The project is now concluded and will no be going further. The partially completed units have been scrapped.

Another little project... 2 years 3 weeks ago #198751

What happened?
Has the project been a success?

Another little project... 2 years 3 weeks ago #198752

It took up a lot of time to make them and I was not enjoying doing it.

Another little project... 2 years 3 weeks ago #198753

Then yup that would be good reason to stop. It's a shame as it would like a great thing to add to the car. Did you get your own one finished and installed?
I think after purchasing the parts I would like to get it finished but there are always other projects to do I guess.

Another little project... 2 years 3 weeks ago #198754

• Cobber
  • Away
  • '97 MGF 1.8 MPI
Fairnuff! Sounds like pretty good reasons for snatching it.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Another little project... 2 years 2 weeks ago #198755

The one in my car works but I have not fitted the current monitor which was troublesome, so it trips the overload sensors in the motors when it times out. I did not find a satisfactory way of monitoring the current reliably and was not happy that the system was suitable for installation by untrained people, being quite involved. It looked like making units for sale would yield no profit and lots of grief- a challenge without reward.

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT