Sign In   Register

Topic

Another little project... 2 years 3 months ago #198255

I bought a one touch unit for the driver's window, only to find that it is down only and not particularly useful. What I want is up and down on both sides and while I'm at it, global closing would be nice.Global opening is great when returning to a car on a hot day but if the weather is like that then the hood will be down anyway. The car is a 1996 model so I ordered a relay module with four relays in which should fit in the existing box and now will need a bit of Arduinology dreaming up next week to implement the whole thing. Two presses on the lock should do global close if I can get a second closing pulse out of the system, one touch works by reading the switch and if it is thrown for less than half a second, it will run for as long as it takes to drop or raise the window fully, half a second or more and it will cut the power on release. Should be easy enough once I get around to it. I'll publish the code and circuit diagram once I have it working.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys, sworkscooper, LanderMG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Another little project... 2 years 3 months ago #198257

Do not forget about the safety implications for a one touch up operation.

Our cars not as bad as cars with full window surrounds, but could still severely hurt someone if accidently activated and hood/hard top was up/on.

Another little project... 2 years 3 months ago #198258

I considered it unnecessary. Rover's box does not include any counter-Darwin measures either. A 130 MPH motor car really ought to have a man walking before it with a red flag anyway in order to keep us all safe.

The base software is running on an Arduino. I just need to define the locking characteristics. I would like the ECU to give me two minutes from ignition off before cutting off enable to the switches and thirty seconds after locking before a second locking instruction will not raise the glass. After that, the ECU will shut down until the ignition is enabled again.

Last edit: Post by minimax.

Another little project... 2 years 3 months ago #198270

Sounds interesting.

My Alfa 159 has an interesting alternative solution - hold down the unlock button on the remote fob and all the windows open, with my previous 159 holding the lock button would close them as well but not this one.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Another little project... 2 years 3 months ago #198274

You may find that there is a sequence to make that happen. Worth enquiring of the Alfisti.

Another little project... 2 years 3 months ago #198277

Closing all windows including sunroof is called "Lazy locking" feature. That feature was available on Rover 800 series, and would be on Rover 600 series if they put additional wires to door windows motors (Honda Accord has this feature).

Another little project... 2 years 3 months ago #198279

Yes, you jogged my memory there. I has an 820SLi as a company car and that was the only thing about it I liked. I ran my own car at my expense instead.

Another little project... 2 years 3 months ago #198281

You may find that there is a sequence to make that happen. Worth enquiring of the Alfisti.

Apparently remote fob total closure was deleted for safety reasons. It still works on the later car through the key in the door lock.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Another little project... 2 years 3 months ago #198283

And yet it is standard on my 2018 Ford.

Another little project... 2 years 3 months ago #198289

Dont forget only the drivers side window runs through the BCU, the passenger side is only controlled by the switch on the console.

Sundance

Another little project... 2 years 2 months ago #198292

There isn't a BCM on my car but it wouldn't matter if there was because the switch and motor can always be disconnected.

Another little project... 2 years 2 months ago #198362

The software runs. I have a three minute timeout from ignition off during which time the switches still work and I am now testing the full closure on deadlocking function. Cost of parts under £25.

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT