Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Tonneau cover 2 years 3 months ago #198107

Hi all,

Shortly after buying my TF I discovered that there was a tonneau cover (just before I bought one on ebay) in the rather moist boot and suffering slightly from the damp...

Question is, can I just put it in the washing machine on a 20/30 degree wash to clean / help prolong the life a little?

Ta muchly!

Andy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Tonneau cover 2 years 3 months ago #198108

I would hand wash it in something like a cheap baby shampoo and let it dry in the airing cupboard. Washing machines are a bit fierce and old tonneaux are prone to their foam innards disintegrating and covering everything with a sand coloured deposit which is unlikely to be welcomed by the management - you have been warned!

Re:Tonneau cover 2 years 3 months ago #198110

Chuck it I the washing machine with washing powder it will be fine, I do it all the time, eventually all the dust will wash away.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Re:Tonneau cover 2 years 3 months ago #198111

Its the foam backing on the lining that has failed (orange dust) which a gentle wash in the washing machine will sort out the machines filter should pick up any big bits !!!

Re:Tonneau cover 2 years 3 months ago #198114

I tried the washing machine fix but it came out like a badly stuffed sofa with the remains of the foam clumping in various areas so I very carefully cut every bit of the lining out.
I used it in this condition and it worked fine but I got concerned about the metal hood frame rubbing the vinyl so have now lined it in some black felt like material off of ebay, I can't understand why the original lining was white/cream when its in contact with a dirty oily frame.

Tonneau cover 2 years 3 months ago #198115

Fifty lashes for letting your frame get dirty and oily!

( Too much room for innuendo- I'd better stop there.)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT