• Page:

Topic

Fog Lights 2 years 6 months ago #197177

• ips1's Avatar Topic Author
  • ips1
  • Apprentice MGer
  • Apprentice MGer
Hi,

I have a set of fog lights and the switch to fit in my TF. Many, if not Most car manufacturers fit the same wiring loom regardless of vehicle spec, (its cheaper to do this). My question is, does the TF loom have the same thing, or will I have to wire it all myself?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Fog Lights 2 years 6 months ago #197178

When I bought my TF, the previous owner had fitted fog lights but I believe being a Pectron car it had to have the bcu programmed to enable the lights to operate via the switch . I am not sure if the Lucas system needs this to be done , but I'm sure someone on the forum will be along to let you know .
John .
The following user(s) said Thank You: ips1

Fog Lights 2 years 6 months ago #197179

In case of Lucas system it does not need to be programmed for fog lights to work. However I do not know if wiring is in place as questioned.

Fog Lights 2 years 6 months ago #197180

I'm fairly certain that the wiring is in place . I've had my front bumper off to repaint and the wiring doesn't look like it's been added , and is part of the loom . When I worked for The London Taxi Co the loom included fog light wiring for dealerships to fit to lower spec cabs so I can't see it being different .
John

Last edit: Post by sworkscooper. Reason: Finger trouble .

Fog Lights 2 years 6 months ago #197181

My car doesn't have either the fog light or heated rear window wiring looms, so whist most seem to have 'em some cars may not.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Fog Lights 2 years 6 months ago #197182

• ips1
  • Apprentice MGer
  • Apprentice MGer
Thank you all,

I guess the only way I will know for sure is to get the bumper off and take a look.

Fog Lights 2 years 6 months ago #197184

All of the F's and TF's had the wiring installed by the factory for the heated rear window but you need to add a relay and a switch and possibly a 25amp fuse!!!! The wiring for fog lights was not installed as this was an optional extra which was installed by the supplying dealer and NOT THE FACTORY!!!!! Initially the cost was £75 for the installation :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper, mnripley

Fog Lights 2 years 6 months ago #197185

• ips1
  • Apprentice MGer
  • Apprentice MGer
That is great news, and I also have the switch and probably the relay. Looks like my next job then. Cheers.

Fog Lights 2 years 6 months ago #197196

My car doesn't have the rear window wiring......... I wasted quite a bit time time hunting for it at both ends!
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Fog Lights 2 years 6 months ago #197355

• ips1
  • Apprentice MGer
  • Apprentice MGer
Feeling pleased with myself at the moment.

Got the fogs fitted and working exactly as they should. As mentioned, there was no wiring in place so had to make my own loom, wire the relay box to accept the correct relay, wire the fuse board and wire the correct switch in the right place. All a bit confusing to begin with, but got my head around it in the end. I did note the loom for heated window whilst doing it. Maybe a hard top will be put on my list of things needed.

Thanks to all that took the time to give me advice

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT