Sign In   Register

Topic

Change the headlights from English driving (right side) to portuguese 6 months 4 weeks ago #204299

There not even mirror images of each other with the MG part of the mould transposed.
The missing forth tab might be a result of die ware or damage, a friend owned the tooling for plastic boxes used extensively in the electronics industry, they were all highly polished & presentable.
He visited me one day & he was like a monumental thunderstorm ready to burst. The moulder was changing a tool & had dropped a spanner in it. The damage, although slight when looking in the tool was very obvious once a box was made, devaluing the product.
I recommend shot blasting it, partly in jest, but he did just that, which retrieved the situation.
I see these boxes from time to time & always think of Peter, purple with rage & the eventual outcome.
M

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Change the headlights from English driving (right side) to portuguese 6 months 4 weeks ago #204303

• Cobber
  • Away
  • '97 MGF 1.8 MPI

Deepfat, I didn't realise LED bulb retrofitted were illegal. I wonder if that is so here in Au?

Yes Retro fit LED headlight globes are illegal here in Oz.
You can get the reflectors re metalised, for much less than the cost of replacement.
I had a company that makes coffin hardware for the funeral industry do mine…… yes those shiny chrome handles, plaques etc on coffins are plastic
Zeus Products here in Melbourne
Be really really careful removing the reflectors from the housing……. They have ball and socket swivel points that are a right pain in the arse to seperate without breaking the plastic socket……use lubricant.
So many of life’s moments go better with a plentiful application of happy fat!
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Change the headlights from English driving (right side) to portuguese 6 months 3 weeks ago #204318

I had another look and it's not die wear or damage unless by some weird coincidence the cover met a headlamp body unit that had the moulding for the screw missing, the pictures show the moulding to accept the screw is also missing. The only conclusion I can make is early cars of which mine is one only had 3 screws but without a complete list of model changes it's hard to pinpoint. The headlight will be changed out soon and I will look for the date on it, I suspect as the car was made early Jan 02 the date will be late 2001.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT