Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Parts Availaility 4 years 2 months ago #192595

Hi
I am planning to replace my door and roof seal this year,did cantrails last year,but cant seem to find one anywhere (part no CFE000300)
have been looking for months .
Does anyone know the where abouts of a new one, a few used ones about but no point in fitting old rubber.
It is a bit worrying the amount of parts listed as no longer available on the Rimmers site.
I did notice that X part had some made in 2018,does anyone know if there are plans for another production run.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by VX54NEW. Reason: spelling

Parts Availaility 4 years 2 months ago #192598

Have you tried Rimmer Brothers , they usually have most parts .

Parts Availaility 4 years 2 months ago #192600

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis
Invalid or non-existent item ID.may any universal seal be an option? (Below just an example, a lot of different styles available)

as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/

Parts Availaility 4 years 2 months ago #192604

Search the part number in google to see who has it.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Parts Availaility 4 years 2 months ago #192606

MG obsession have cantrails for sale on their site but the part numbers they show don't match yours .

Parts Availaility 4 years 2 months ago #192607

Its worth trying an X part dealer to see if any are still about, I also noticed that they had some made a couple of years ago.
I had a decent second hand set of Darren Hardy last year which I still have to get round to fitting. I think he may have also had a few new ones in stock.

Sundance
The following user(s) said Thank You: VX54NEW

Parts Availaility 4 years 2 months ago #192608

Thx Sundance,I will give Darren a try.
I have been googling the part number ,and have been on a email notifcation list at Rimmers for months, with out any luck.
As previously mentioned cantrails have been replaced along with one cheater,but will proberly replace the other one as well.

Parts Availaility 4 years 2 months ago #192619

This part was available last year from XPart and I bought one bit the quality/fit of the rubber around the windscreen isn't very good and much softer than the original.

I see from Xpart's facebook page that they had problems with the one that they were selling (the one that I bought) and are supposed to be bring out a replacement soon.

https://www.facebook.com/MGRoverParts1/posts/cfe000300-mgf-tf-primary-seal-kitafter-investment-in-new-tooling-and-months-of-d/1776367295758681/
Mark
95 MGF
The following user(s) said Thank You: VX54NEW

Parts Availaility 4 years 2 months ago #192623

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.818 seconds