Sign In   Register

Topic

Brakes 14 years 3 months ago #9805

Right call me a looney I don't care but these look so simple, I've just got back from the fabricators on another matter....OOOoooo cant keep my mouth shut on that either, Quad pipes for my TT mk4

Anyway I thought how much would it cost to have a real pro make these spacers

His estimate £12-£15 each plate so a max of £30 a set, just need to track these discs now, an lets say they cost £70 for drilled an grooved

£100 all in

ooh the quads sound good...i have mk4 TT too
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Is so skint he's off to become a sperm donor.....when i think of the money i've let slip through my fingers!!!:whistle:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Brakes 14 years 3 months ago #9806

• cjj's Avatar Topic Author
  • cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Oy, no TT hijacking. :dc:

Brakes 14 years 3 months ago #9808

oops...my bad:whistle:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Is so skint he's off to become a sperm donor.....when i think of the money i've let slip through my fingers!!!:whistle:

Brakes 14 years 3 months ago #9829

Worth looking at, but I can't see how they can convert the APs to a mechanical handbrake. I thought rally cars could have hydraulic handbrakes, but not too sure.

I'm not sure that I would like that much braking at the rear to be honest, might make it a bit tail happy under heavy braking.

if the fronts were 6 pots it may still be a 70/30 split... hard to tell, if not what about using standard front calipers like off TF115/135s
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Brakes 14 years 3 months ago #9858

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Oooh. The parcel has arrived.

Only disappointment is I am not sure what he meant by "OEM" discs, as they are Ford Focus ST170 discs and aren't even ford parts. Not a great deal, but why do people say things that aren't true? I enquired about the discs and the reply was "All discs supplied are OEM (original equipment manufacturer) for assurance of quality and precision".

These are the bits I received.

Brakes 14 years 3 months ago #9859

Only disappointment is I am not sure what he meant by "OEM" discs, as they are Ford Focus ST170 discs and aren't even ford parts. Not a great deal, but why do people say things that aren't true? I enquired about the discs and the reply was "All discs supplied are OEM (original equipment manufacturer) for assurance of quality and precision".

how strange, so there OEM but Ford OEM?

have they just widened the holes to fit our PCD?

btw you know you said about hydraulic handbreaks on rally cars.... rally cars have to be road legal to drive between stages (not to mention on road stages)

so im guessing they cracked it :)

Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!

Brakes 14 years 3 months ago #9861

I heard rumour of this a while back, some one else posted that it was done with dual calipers on the rear, one set for braking an another for hand brake....I seen to remember they said porshe had done a similar thing

Jester!! Shhhhhh this came back from the shop yesterday
Youtube channel of mods an track pics

http://www.youtube.com/user/busternorris?feature=mhum

Website: http://www.roughluckracing.com/ MG Rover Mobile Repairs Nationwide and Western Europe

Brakes 14 years 3 months ago #9862

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Errrr. Which part of the brake is that? :dunno:

Brakes 14 years 3 months ago #9863

Mmm, That is what I was wondering about when I asked about replacement discs.
Alright they're Ford discs, but they're still going to have to be machined to fit! Or do you just stick a drill in and make the holes bigger.:dunno:

I still think the way is to use 262mm MGR discs that already have the correct PCD. There is a solid and vented option at that size. With a couple of adapter blocks you'd be on to a much cheaper option. And the added advantage that the discs can be replaced off the shelf.

I am still intrigued to hear how your braking is effected by the fitting of 280 mm discs on the rear.

Personally, I'm interested in the possibility of uprating the front discs to 262mm while retaining the 240mm on the rear.:yesnod:

Incidentally, My Nissan gets around the handbrake problem by having a disc with an internal drum in the centre for the handbrake.
David
:shrug:

Brakes 14 years 3 months ago #9864

engine braking?:dunno:

Brakes 14 years 3 months ago #9867

Its an extra chucky hand brake :-)

Some how I dont think the rover vented disc's would fit in the calipers, its hard enough to get standard disc's between new pads.

Hmm its worth a go to see I can knock a set up,
Youtube channel of mods an track pics

http://www.youtube.com/user/busternorris?feature=mhum

Website: http://www.roughluckracing.com/ MG Rover Mobile Repairs Nationwide and Western Europe

Brakes 14 years 3 months ago #9869

Incidentally, My Nissan gets around the handbrake problem by having a disc with an internal drum in the centre for the handbrake.

indeed but not really possible on a TF :( i bet thats how the ZR rally car did it though

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT