Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Led headlights 4 years 5 months ago #192002

I fitted a set of these yesterday H7 (bulbs) and HB3 (9005) absolutely brilliant light and I can finally see the side of the road at night, they are listed as "projector specific". Despite having a largish resistor attached - I know we don't need it for our cars, everything fitted inside the housing. Has anyone fitted this type of bulb, and if so how did you seal them to stop dust and debris ingress? The standard retro fit rubber covers for these (from Amazon or Ebay) just don't work because our lights are offset from the centre.

Any suggestions please (no I won't go back to halogens), or has anyone got an accurate drawing of the bulb centre / offset from the round rear of the housing for main and dip beams so that I can "create" a decent seal whilst allowing for the ventilation fan to be outside the housing, bearing in mind the lack of space behind the dip beam housing. Like the second picture but offset of course.

• Regards

Keith
    Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by kpainter65.

Led headlights 4 years 5 months ago #192016

Just to point out here, aftermarket LED headlamp upgrades are not road legal. You risk invalidating your insurance by fitting LED headlamps, which would cause you a lot more problems than not being able to see as well in the dark... (The law is outdated and I don't agree with it but it is what it is for now). Perhaps a compromise would be higher performance bulbs (which are perfectly legal). There are multiple manufacturers producing halogen lamps with claims of them being much brighter than standard.

Not the answer you wanted, sure - but a compromise might be the best overall solution for you.

Led headlights 4 years 4 months ago #192019

As said ,illegal, so won't pass mot.
    I agree their output is far better than halogen & I used mine for 9 months with no problems.

Led headlights 4 years 4 months ago #192022

Keith 'might' live somewhere where such a headlight conversion is not illegal
    Mark
    95 MGF

Led headlights 4 years 4 months ago #192023

That's true, I will put my hands up and say I've only just realised that this forum is global rather than UK only, so my bad if Keith is not in Europe...

Led headlights 4 years 4 months ago #192032

Technically wouldn't pass muster here in Oz either, although I doubt the coppers would notice
    "Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Led headlights 4 years 4 months ago #192061

i find that because of the ride height of my F i am constantly dazzled by most modern motors

• Page:
    Time to create page: 0.260 seconds
    © 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT