Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

TF Tuning 5 years 1 month ago #190096

Advice please.

Contemplating having my 135TF re-mapped, so looking for feedback on the two options I'm considering.

Option a) would be SAWS Tuning as they are relatively local or option b) would be Kmaps who seem to have been around longer.

What experience have other members had with these 2 outfits.

Thanks for feedback.

Squashman56

Please Log in to join the conversation.

TF Tuning 5 years 1 month ago #190098

Hi , I had my TF done by SAWS last year at' MGF n TF' up north meet at Eden Camp . Very pleased with the performance . Two very knowledgeable young guys who are great to talk to.

John

Last edit: Post by sworkscooper. Reason: Missed a bit

TF Tuning 5 years 1 month ago #190101

Thanks for the feedback John.

Having read different outcomes after ECU remaps, how would you describe the improvements after your remap?

I'm not looking to convert my TF into a fire breathing noise machine but I would like improvements to its refinement and pick up etc.

Squashman56

TF Tuning 5 years 1 month ago #190102

Kmaps did mine last year, I opted for a subtle burble and pop exhaust note. Mark from Kmaps checked out my engine prior to mapping to verify that it was functioning as it should, then adjusted the parameters.
He also raised the red line from 7200 to 7500 and muted the rev inhibitor function, in effect making it self reset (I think).
Basically he used his best judgement to optimise the car and to make it sound like I wanted. He got it spot on, and the mid range punch of the engine seems to be the best enhancement.
Fuel economy also has increased, I am getting about 4-5 miles to the gallon more.
The improvement really surprised me the first time I drove the car after the mod, it was quite startling how much more responsive the engine was, so much I nearly didn't make it around the first roundabout at the FRLmeeting where I had the mapping done!

Sundance

TF Tuning 5 years 1 month ago #190103

I don't know much about SAWS so can't comment on them.
I do know Mark at Kmaps was involved with the original mapping for MGR.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

TF Tuning 5 years 1 month ago #190105

Agree with all that Sundance and talkingcars have said . Who ever does it will give you options so you don't end up being all boy racer ish with outrageous over run back firing ! A remap just let's the K series do what it should have from the beginning and opens up the parameters of performance. Who ever does it for you will explain what they can and can't do .
John

TF Tuning 5 years 1 month ago #190107

Mark at KMAPS did mine. Really nice guy and would recommend him. It’s definitely made the car better (drivability and ‘willingness’), I’m really pleased with it.
I can’t comment on any increase in fuel economy at the moment as I’ve only driven shortish trips

TF Tuning 5 years 1 month ago #190108

Hi had my Tf160 done by Kmaps totally changed the driving experience I just ended up posting ECU off when I went away for a few days then had something to look forward to coming back home B) B)

TF Tuning 5 years 1 month ago #190117

As always, thanks to all those who responded. I knew you wouldn't let me down.:clap:

At least the overall conclusion about re-maps is that it is certaining a beneficial step that should increase the enjoyment level of the TF without breaking the bank!

Just have to find a way of convincing HWMBO that this is a critical/worthwhile step in the TF project development:lol:

Once I've done that it looks like I'll have to have a natter with both suppliers and see what they can offer.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Squashman56
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

TF Tuning 5 years 1 month ago #190121

Consult your Missus? Are you mad? That's a slippery slope you're on......

TF Tuning 5 years 1 month ago #190123

You dont consult the higher ups until after you've done something.. then its too late for any ney saying anyway :broon:

TF Tuning 5 years 1 month ago #190127

Winko and vdv.

I have considered both these options BUT from previous experiences I don't think I can stomach any more Hospital food:bat:

My Boss does seem to have a built in second sense when it comes to mystery parcels arriving. She appears to have X-ray vision and knows instantly that the parts are for the TF.

Squashman56

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT