Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Washer jet problems 5 years 3 months ago #189187

Hello all,

Trying to get little bits sorted on my car. Washer jets - only the driver one fires. However, if I take the passenger one out and hold it next to the driver one they both fire. Suggests no blockages in pipes or jets. Motor problem perhaps - not powerful enough to send enough pressure?

Regards
John

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Washer jet problems 5 years 3 months ago #189188

John,

Make sure that the pipe coming from the pump feeds into the bottom leg of the TEE connector and the jets go to the right and left ports. If the TEE connector is connected differently the main pressure from the water will force through the connector to the port that's directly inline with the feed, starving the other side of pressure.

Sundance

Last edit: Post by SundanceUK.

Washer jet problems 5 years 3 months ago #189192

Also, there is a round plastic object in the line, it is a non-return valve. This is frequently partially clogged up causing pressure issues.
I took mine out completely and solved my dribbling washer jet problems.:yesnod:
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Washer jet problems 5 years 3 months ago #189203

I dribble a bit these days :nonod:

Washer jet problems 5 years 3 months ago #189210

Hi,

It is in the bottom. I just can't seem to win with these jets. The original stopped firing properly, citroen ones didn't even reach past themselves, and now these replacements - 1 fires brilliantly, the other no water gets into the pipe at all,, unless it is held right next to the other. I blew through the connector and all the air seems to go out one side, even though there are no blockages in it!

Tried them with and without the valve in - no difference!

John

Washer jet problems 5 years 3 months ago #189213

Well if you have tried it without the one way valve and you have tested the water coming directly from the pump without pipes connected there could be a blockage in the pipe and the best way is to blow it out using an air line ( compressed air ) but that my not be convenient. Failng that I can't really suggest what you can do .
John

Last edit: Post by sworkscooper. Reason: Missed a bit
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT