Sign In   Register

Topic

for sale 5 years 1 month ago #189601

bull. if you taķe your time you will get there I'm 61 just a tad behind you. took me 2 years but got there in the end

Please Log in to join the conversation.

for sale 5 years 1 month ago #189603

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

for sale 5 years 1 month ago #189607

….This thread makes me think I'm way too old to be doing this sort of stuff....

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I struggle to accept that I will be able to draw a pension in June, but I am tempt to do so to give me time to play cars.

James

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

for sale 5 years 1 month ago #189609

I changed my TF160 when I was 78 & now have a ZR160. {+ a E320 Merc.}
Must admit at 81,after having lung, nose & nail cancer I only do simple jobs on the cars, but still enjoy driving them. Going to Spain in the Merc. in May.

Enjoy while you can.

for sale 5 years 1 month ago #189610

Way to go forrester. ....different era we live in....I believe when forresters generation were bought up..they were fed with baby milk containing titanium...and word of the day was get on with it and don't moan...just like a couple I know in there late 80s.....hard has nails.and a lad who started our works at the age of 27 is another era ....he complains he is worn out each day.....just for the record has at the beginning of this post we were asked to surrender our ages..I'm 53 this year...absolutely love working 6 days a week and think mg cars are the best....can't wait to wake up to see the start of each day and I'm a total pain in the neck to all my friends and work collegues...my neighbours hate me.....but I carry on regardless.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

for sale 5 years 1 month ago #189611

I love this forum already but I obviously need to get used to it. I put Lol (Lots of laughs) at the end of my post to make it clear I was joking based on the previous posts about age but plainly that wasn't enough.

So please forgive my odd sense of humour.

Just to make my feelings clear, I've been a car nut all my life, have owned over 100 cars including various competition cars and exotics and have no plans to stop anytime soon. I'm blessed with quite reasonable health and fitness at this stage of my life & as long as I can keep getting in and out of them, interesting cars will always have a place in my garage.

As for MGF's & TF's, my only regret is that I didn't find them years ago. What fantastic, under-rated cars they are. I drove 5 of them before buying one, ranging from a standard 1.8 MGF to a TF160 and loved everyone of them. The engines, steering and handling are great, they look terrific and they are comfortable, very usable sports cars. I've own a Porsche 911 & 924 Turbo, 2 Alpine Renault A310's and a GTA, a mid-engined Renault 5 Turbo 2 and a Toyota MR2 Turbo amongst many others. I wouldn't prefer any of them to the TF I now have!

I expect to have it on the road this month, probably about 2 or 3 days after my gasket kit arrives from the UK. I'm just as excited about this as I was back in my teens and twenties when a new car was in the wind. Absolutely can't wait!

Cheers everyone, Alby
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars, mgtfbluestreak, sworkscooper, SundanceUK

for sale 5 years 1 month ago #189617

I love this forum already but I obviously need to get used to it. I put Lol (Lots of laughs) at the end of my post to make it clear I was joking based on the previous posts about age but plainly that wasn't enough.

So please forgive my odd sense of humour.
Cheers everyone, Alby

mgtfbluestreak wrote......
You don't need to be forgiven for anythinge. ...you done nothing wrong...I think this is the best mg forum ever....agreed😃

for sale 5 years 1 month ago #189627

And during a days logging in staffordshire we had time for a prattle about photo shoot...so here is a photo of myself....just to put a face to the picture so to speak.
Attachments:

for sale 5 years 1 month ago #189628

Starting to sing 'I'm a 'Lumberjack ' ala Python .
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgtfbluestreak

for sale 5 years 1 month ago #189629

for sale 5 years 1 month ago #189631

Absolute CLASSIC. :woohoo:
John
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgtfbluestreak

for sale 5 years 1 month ago #189632

The Mghty Scots Pine ! Brilliant