Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Engine Bay Fan 5 years 7 months ago #187823

Hi all, a little help if possible please.

I have a SAIC MG TF 135 with the N series engine. Engine bay fan controlled by ECU through Engine Temp Sensor.

After a Kmaps reprogramed the engine bay fan is on as soon as the engine is up to temperature when I am driving, and even in cool weather runs for 4 or 5 minutes when switched off. (Full 8 minutes if warm weather)

All 3 temperature sensors have been now been changed (Oil / ECU Water / Gauge Water). Kmaps say it is not them but it happened immediately after the re-map. Never even notice engine fan running before remap. It seems to be operating at 10c lower than it should.

Disconnecting sensor operates engine and radiator fans in correct sequence (ignition on / off)

Does anyone else have engine bay fan running during normal driving / normal temperature? Any thoughts?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Engine Bay Fan 5 years 7 months ago #187824

Seems a strange coincidence that it should happen immediately after the remap. Ask kmaps to re install your old map and see if it goes back to normal operation.

Was the remap for performance or driveability ?

Best regards
Dave

Engine Bay Fan 5 years 7 months ago #187825

Just found another thread similar to yours, may be of help

https://www.the-t-bar.com/forum/9-mgf-tf-pitstop/95044-fan-update
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars

Engine Bay Fan 5 years 7 months ago #187830

Hi Dave,

It was for both, very pleased with the remap. It is even giving better mpg. I have asked kmaps and they say their map does not affect the fans. They were the first people I went back to and asked. As per the thread you gave I have changed the sensor but no difference. I am convinced it was the remap that has changed a parameter somewhere but I am 100 miles away from them.

Got me baffled at present.

Cheers

Mark

Engine Bay Fan 5 years 7 months ago #187831

I checked a friends ecu after the K maps treatment for fault codes with my Pscan and found a raft of fault codes in it . The ecu that they sent him wasn't from his car as it had faults not associated with a TF . Not sure if this helps you at all but all I'm saying is that I think Kmaps have ecu's on the shelf ready to post off to folk . It might not be your original ecu .
John

Engine Bay Fan 5 years 7 months ago #187835

Hi John,

No , Its the same ECU. Mark from kmaps removed it, remapped and replaced it. Continental made ECU can not be reprogrammed by OBD port. However I like the idea of pscan, only used a generic code reader so far. Think I am off to rob the piggybank for one.

Cheers

Mark

Engine Bay Fan 5 years 7 months ago #187836

Hi Mark . As most folks on the tbar will tell you the Pscan is a very usefull bit kit that keeps getting better as Phillip develops it . It has been invaluable for me as it gives live data so you could see what's going on temperature wise on your TF. It's an interesting fault that you have there and strange that it has only started since you had it mapped .
John

Re:Engine Bay Fan 5 years 7 months ago #187848

Have you tried unplugging and 're plugging the ECU it mat be just a bad connection ?

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Re:Engine Bay Fan 5 years 7 months ago #187851

Hi Steve, yep, pulled both ECU plugs and gave pins a blast of contact cleaner in case it was a high resistance causing false readings from temp sender. It is acting like the ECU thinks it is running hotter than it is.

Interestingly Mark from Kmaps says on the SAIC MG135/LE both fans should operate together. I only have the engine bay fan funning while driving. Front Radiator fan works when I disconect temp sensor with engine running, so no issue there.

Cheers

Mark

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT