Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

out and doing a bit 6 years 7 months ago #180571

I will be out tomorrow at in my garage doing some last under sealing , and looking again at the rear brake calipers, just to see I have done the job correctly , if not I will have to start all over again, no peace for me at present, my mgtf must have more parts off other mgtfs than any other out there , changed my mind, wont m o t it now until after Christmas , just giving myself enough time to go over everything I have done, sometimes just want to shut the doors and walk away, but I am a fighter not a quitter, so I will carry on the best I can.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

out and doing a bit 6 years 7 months ago #180573

Keep up the good work Graham, saving another one of these cars is no bad thing at all. Just keep us all posted of your progress.

:beer: :beer: Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: graham1

out and doing a bit 6 years 7 months ago #180574

Nice looking tf graham in the best colour I see..keep up the good work mate.what work needs doing to complete the car for mot?..I had a look at your last mot and it said you had a switch on the dashboard for a horn.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steve, graham1

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

out and doing a bit 6 years 7 months ago #180576

Good work Graham, matey!
Cant fault you for getting the spanners out and doing it right.
Rear brake calipers are cheap enough second hand, or even new if you do have to replace them.
There are plenty of TF and F second and new spares out there too! We are off to Glossop tomorrow for the topless around the peaks run, starting off at MGFnTFbitz. The place is an Aladins cave of goodies! I got a pair of rear calipers for £15 off them, they have come up like new!
Hope it all goes well!

Sundance

out and doing a bit 6 years 7 months ago #180584

yes I have fixed that it was the thingy behind the steering wheel, just disconnected the push button on the dash, I think it should be ready shortly, went to it today and finished the under sealing, was too tired to whip the rear wheels off to look at the rear calipers, a job for when I am feeling up to it,

out and doing a bit 6 years 7 months ago #180585

I wish I could be there to meet you all,but not up to it at this present time,

out and doing a bit 6 years 7 months ago #180586

what you see here is the car when I bought it, in a sorry state, I have changed the bonnet the rusty wings the drivers door , the front bumper, all the brakes , new brake pipes and uprated flexi pipes, new oil and filter, and fuel filter and spark plugs front to rear clutch pipe, the alarm , the electric mirrors, stainless steel under floor pipes, new exhaust rear box and down pipe, new dash clocks, and a second hand soft top black as I couldn't find a blue one cheap enough, I only paid £30 for the roof and it came with the frame so it was a straight swap over, oh and the seats wanted a swap over, I had to put black backs on and keep the blue and black lower seats, it looks ok, but I an just going to have to live with it, I have pulled out every trick in the book on this, I went to see the m o t guy yesterday and told him about my concerns with the hand brake, he said because the discs and pads are new they will have to bed in, looked in the how to on here and followed it to the tee, just hope all is fine, I will be taking more pics when I feel up to it, hope you like them, got a lot of stick of the lads around where I live because my stripes are not like others they have seen, I told them I don't want it to look like any other one, so told them to do one,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, mgtfbluestreak

out and doing a bit 6 years 7 months ago #180623

When I put new discs and pads on my tf I did a lot of handbrake tests..it was just has before..useless...I went on a nearby bank and it just rolled back...not happy I renewed the rear calipers...the feel to the handbrake was different again and I went to the same bank...yes it held like it was tied to a ships anchor.

out and doing a bit 6 years 7 months ago #180638

everywhere I look they want a kings ransom for a set, any ideas please,

out and doing a bit 6 years 7 months ago #180649

I wouldn't recommend any second hand brake parts.....
recon or new is the way to go when it comes to safety.
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

out and doing a bit 6 years 7 months ago #180664

Hi Graham if it's rear calipers you're talking about I have just bought a pair of brand new originals from MG obsessions for £159.95
Brian

out and doing a bit 6 years 7 months ago #180671

I like mg obcession..they have been quick to deliver and offer good parts...here is there rear calipers on ebay...
MGF / MG TF PAIR OFF BRAND NEW GENUINE MG ROVER REAR BRAKE CALIPERS N/S O/S
Completed

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.079 seconds