Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

out and doing a bit 6 years 8 months ago #180672

I like mg obcession..they have been quick to deliver and offer good parts...here is there rear calipers on ebay...
MGF / MG TF PAIR OFF BRAND NEW GENUINE MG ROVER REAR BRAKE CALIPERS N/S O/S
Completed

Refurb is also good, as long as you know what you are doing. Fit your new brakes, then refurb your old ones to fit next time.
Are you going to paint those nice shiny new calipers, Mr Bluestreak? Be good with a coat of blue for your nice Trophy Blue mate!

Before....

And after...

Sundance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by SundanceUK.

out and doing a bit 6 years 8 months ago #180674

Yes I did think of blue..did the zr some years ago..used to lighter colour looked puke so its a case of gandering around.
Love red but I'd want twin pot calipers on front for that colour scheme..painting the single pots red on front doesn't do it for me...Trouble is to put twin pot calipers on mine I'd have to change the wheels and tyres..purchase the ap calipers and discs...pricey...must say those calipers look good what paint?

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

out and doing a bit 6 years 8 months ago #180678

Its some heat resisting caliper paint brought from the motor factors in Cheadle (next to the cop shop), they have several colours in....I must admit if I had a blue TF, then yellow would do it for me. Nothing to stop you painting your standard front calipers but I would use a coat of rust treatment first even on new units.
Ap's come up a treat too...

I dropped on a new set of 11 spokes for just over £200, if you look out and bide your time, the deals do come up!
Sundance

out and doing a bit 6 years 8 months ago #180680

Not long now before hybernation time..so staying clear of any cosmetic work till then...
Did paint calipers blue at one point..but then changed the rears for new...the paint I used was a some we had for engines..but the company i work for sadly discontinued the blue in favour of green and grey
Attachments:

out and doing a bit 6 years 7 months ago #180691

thank you, had a rethink and I am going to save and get these new ones, and paint them blue, yellow wont do it for me, thank you for your advice and the link,graham1.

out and doing a bit 6 years 7 months ago #180698

just put it on axel stands and re-done the calipers , have put hand brake on and put a pry bar between the wheel lugs would not budge, so I think I have done it, thanks to Dave giving me the advice I really needed, so thanks to him, and you all for your advice on this one,

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.002 seconds