Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Side air scoops 6 years 10 months ago #178531

Hi all my wife has just bought me a pair of air scoops for my tf can anyone suggest the best bonding to stick them with
Brian

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Side air scoops 6 years 10 months ago #178532

I used Sikaflex:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian1

Side air scoops 6 years 10 months ago #178533

I agree with Adam in that Sikaflex is the best . It is a tad expensive but as I say it is the best . Make sure that you clean the area of any polish that may still be on the paint work.

John

Side air scoops 6 years 10 months ago #178555

Hi Adam thanks for the info which sikaflex did you use or are they all good
Brian

Side air scoops 6 years 10 months ago #178556

Oh blimey not sure - I had a tube of the stuff in my shed and used that. It's long gone now! It was black if that helps.

Side air scoops 6 years 10 months ago #178558

Use Sikoflex 221 - that's the stuff you need. Make sure it is warm before you apply it, try dunking it into a bucket of hot water for 30 mins before use, or leave it on top of a radiator, turning it every 10 minutes for half an hour before even trying to apply.
Its hard to squeeze out if its cold, in fact it wont come out. Use a quality Caulking gun too, a cheapo will just fail.
Sikoflex is the best stuff for the job. Try to find some other uses for it too, as it does not keep well after opening. I used it to seal in my 3 lens rear lights. Also did around my snorkel with it.

Sundance

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT