Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Front wheel bearing replacement? 6 years 11 months ago #178064

One of my front wheel bearings is a bit grumbly, and rather than wait for it to go terminal, I was going to change it when it suited me as it where.

Anyone done this? I have a notion that a press is required.

Apols if there is a guide somewhere, I tried a search but nothing came up.

Cheers, Taff

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Front wheel bearing replacement? 6 years 11 months ago #178065

Hi yes you will need the old one pressed out and the new one pressed in I was lazy and put mine in to be done £65 cost
Brian

Front wheel bearing replacement? 6 years 11 months ago #178084

I chose to buy one of the 'new old stock' hubs on eBay at the moment when my rear gave up. For around £100 you get new hub/Bearing/Balljoint...... easy DIY repair then too!

Front wheel bearing replacement? 6 years 11 months ago #178138

I chose to buy one of the 'new old stock' hubs on eBay at the moment when my rear gave up. For around £100 you get new hub/Bearing/Balljoint...... easy DIY repair then too!

£100 ? that is a lot I got a new hub £53 and bearing £13:50
I also replaced all my wheel bearings as 4x £13:50 is only the cost of one hub and up to now every time I needed a bearing it had damaged the hub, mot 2015 and 2016
BILSTIEN DAMPERS, 4-2-1 MANIFOLD, HEAD WORK BY SABRE.

Front wheel bearing replacement? 6 years 7 months ago #180878

Made a start on this last night, and was pleasantly surprised, I'll do a full write up in due course. Everything came apart easily enough with one exception.

The abs sensor (held on with an 8mm bolt) wouldn't shift, and my efforts resulted in moveing the entire sensor. I moved it back to it's original position and ended up undoing the cable at the 2-pin connector under the bonnet. Have I accidentally knackered the sensor?

Front wheel bearing replacement? 6 years 7 months ago #180880

You will only know if the abs light comes on when you run it.
David
:shrug:

Front wheel bearing replacement? 6 years 7 months ago #180922

Ok, well I dropped the hub off at the garage yesterday to have the bearing pressed out and the new one pressed in. I told them not to crush the cable when they do the job.

I'll report back when I get it all re-assembled next week.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT