Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Seems a good price AUKEY Portable Car Jump Starter 7 years 3 months ago #175266

Ordered one of these

It is a battery booster (jumpstarter) torch and mobile charger all for £14.99 but for free delivery you need Amazon prime or spend over £20
Has good reviews so fingers crossed as my old jump pack is knackered.

link
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Portable-12000mah-External-Combining-Cellphone/dp/B015R50M6E/ref=pd_sim_sbs_107_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=T3M0V7GTG1489DYVJXB8
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, pgew

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Seems a good price AUKEY Portable Car Jump Starter 7 years 3 months ago #175267

Youtube review

Seems a good price AUKEY Portable Car Jump Starter 7 years 3 months ago #175271

Looks good might go for this thx

Seems a good price AUKEY Portable Car Jump Starter 7 years 3 months ago #175273

The video is quite impressive. I was dubious that such a small device would start a car, especially a diesel but it did it easily.

I assume you could keep it trickle charged by plugging it into a cigar lighter socket if you wanted to keep it in the car.

I have a Ring Powerpack in the garage that's got me going a few times when the battery has run down but it's not the sort of thing you'd want to cart around with you. If I didn't have that I think I'd invest in one of these.

Trouble is, I've now looked on the Aukey web site and they've got loads of lovely stuff on there ......
Robin ;)

Seems a good price AUKEY Portable Car Jump Starter 7 years 3 months ago #175445

Thought I would give an update. The booster arrived on Saturday looks good quality was 50% charged so plugged it into the mains and charged it to full,now how to test it ? considered joining my knackered booster to the car instead of the car battery and trying it but was too busy at with diy projects. .Got home from work today and my prayers had been answered a car with its bonnet up and another manoeuvring up next to it to try and get some jump leads to reach all just outside my house . Well I had to do the neighbourly thing and offer to use my jump pack to start it. They declined but I went and got it anyway and watched them from a distance , they got the jump leads joined up but as soon as the car with the flat battery tried to start its engine you could see the lights on the running car dip and engine revs drop so was taking current but the car would just try and turn and then just click they tried for about 10 mins revving and trying but it would not go .so I went over and offered to join up my booster.I must admit I had my doubts that It would work but joined it up the lights on it went green ,I told him to try it and it fired straight away no problem .To say they where pleased is an understatement .
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, talkingcars, cairnsys

Seems a good price AUKEY Portable Car Jump Starter 7 years 3 months ago #175489

I ordered 2 on Sunday and they arrived today, Tuesday.

I ordered 2 as I didn't want to pay for postage for being 1p below the free postage limit of £20.00 as they are now £19.99, my daughter can have one.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Seems a good price AUKEY Portable Car Jump Starter 7 years 3 months ago #175519

And now, they are £22.99! It looks like there has been a mad dash to buy them. They do look very good, I have to say.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT