Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Toyosport 7 years 4 months ago #174693

Hi everyone I'm after some feedback and review on Toyosport. I'm looking at buying a stainless steel manifold and downpipe for my F. I've read different reports about them good and bad. Is there anyone on the T-Bar who has had dealings with them. Any feedback would be great.
Happy New Year to you all.
Stu

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Toyosport 7 years 4 months ago #174694

I bought a Toyosport system with manifold from eBay. For reasons of sloth, it took me 18 months to attempt to fit the system only to find that the manifold was misshapen and the system couldn't fit without major surgery to the manifold. I contacted Toyosport who advised I should cut the manifold plate off (at the down pipe end) and reweld it. I was hoping they might have been prepared to offer to sell me a manifold only. Given the length of time I had it before fitting, I wasn't asking for a replacement manifold or even a discounted one. They only seemed to sell complete systems (that might have changed). Not really great news if QA is a bit iffy. I did read of at least one other person with problems with the manifold but most seem happy with theirs.
The only other matter of note is that the strap for the exhaust might not fit as the Toyosport exhaust back box is fatter than standard. I bought a stainless strap that doesn't fit. The standard strap is mild steel and rots.

I wasn't impressed by the customer service (or lack of it).
I have fitted the exhaust to the original manifold and the exhaust functions well enough. I would have preferred the complete system
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noz1966

Last edit: Post by Dickybeau.

Toyosport 7 years 4 months ago #174695

Thanks Dickybeau, her in doors got me a custom made back box for xmas so I'm after the manifold and downpipe. Your not the first to say that the manifold did not fit, so I'll probably get the guy from powerflow in Leek to give me a quote, I think it might be a little more than toyosport but at least if it goes wrong I've only got a 15 minute drive to get it sorted.

Toyosport 7 years 4 months ago #174701

HI i fitted a toyosport manifold and down pipe on my MG TF160 about six months ago no problem fitting or anything else yet, car doesn't do many miles though but so far so good :broon:

Toyosport 7 years 4 months ago #174707

Thanks Dickybeau, her in doors got me a custom made back box for xmas so I'm after the manifold and downpipe. Your not the first to say that the manifold did not fit, so I'll probably get the guy from powerflow in Leek to give me a quote, I think it might be a little more than toyosport but at least if it goes wrong I've only got a 15 minute drive to get it sorted.

I was going to get Powerflow to look at my TF and quote for a custom exhaust, but a friend at work told me he knew a few people who had had some issues with bad fitting exhausts from there. In the end I bought a TT Mk.7 from MGFnTFbitz and a new stainless downpipe and I am really happy with the price and the quality of the parts!
The TT looks great and sounds superb!
I was also recommended JP exhausts in Macclesfield, but when I spoke to the, they could only fabricate a custom backbox.
If you do get a custom exhaust made, just make sure the finishing pipes are central and have enough clearance around the pipe, or you could get a warped or melted rear bumper.

Sundance

Toyosport 7 years 4 months ago #174708

I fitted a toyosport manifold and downpipe to my existing Daytona backbox and a new cat without any issues after an original downpipe flexi failure. That was about 2 years ago, I think.
Still happy with it all. :yesnod:
David
:shrug:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT