Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Rear passenger wheel rotary scraping noise 7 years 7 months ago #172304

Hello, I am new to this forum and I was wondering if anybody can help me with this problem. I have a 2004 TF where recently I had scraping noises coming from the rear passenger wheel. The Pads are new and don't need replacing. I have replaced all four discs. I have also replaced the handbrake cable and both rear caliper's. However, I still have the same problem. My local mechanic has examined everthing and can't find the fault. The noise is a rotary scraping sound when I deselerate both on and of the brake at low speed. However, when I touch the accelerater the noise goes and repappears when I deselerate again. Can anybody offer any solution as what is causing this?
Thank you
David

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Rear passenger wheel rotary scraping noise 7 years 7 months ago #172305

Sounds like the wheel bearing.
Regards
Christof
The following user(s) said Thank You: davidc

Rear passenger wheel rotary scraping noise 7 years 7 months ago #172307

I've had the same on rear drivers side... just picked up a new one from MGFnTF bits for £110..... will put on one eve.

Rear passenger wheel rotary scraping noise 7 years 7 months ago #172311

Do you mean you have replaced the wheel bearing?
David

Rear passenger wheel rotary scraping noise 7 years 7 months ago #172382

Replaced the whole hub part with a new one.... SO much better now!

Rear passenger wheel rotary scraping noise 7 years 7 months ago #172388

I have also started to do this. The new hub gives you a new upper ball joint too, so you do two jobs in one, also it forces you to remove the abs sensor (if fitted) and the 9 times out of 10 seized bolt that holds it on and replace it for a new stainless one that wont weld itself to the hub casting! Oh and while you are at it why not clean the brakes up while they are off.....new drop links are a must too! you can get carried away, but once the hubs off, it does give you chances to replace a lot of wearing parts if you wish....mmmmm shiny new grooved EBC discs to go on the new hub .........

Sundance

Rear passenger wheel rotary scraping noise 7 years 7 months ago #172412

I have also started to do this. The new hub gives you a new upper ball joint too, so you do two jobs in one, also it forces you to remove the abs sensor (if fitted) and the 9 times out of 10 seized bolt that holds it on and replace it for a new stainless one that wont weld itself to the hub casting! Oh and while you are at it why not clean the brakes up while they are off.....new drop links are a must too! you can get carried away, but once the hubs off, it does give you chances to replace a lot of wearing parts if you wish....mmmmm shiny new grooved EBC discs to go on the new hub .........

Sundance

Haha I just did the hub... the rest of the wearables can wait till the New Year! LOL

Rear passenger wheel rotary scraping noise 7 years 7 months ago #172483

Bearings???

Rear passenger wheel rotary scraping noise 7 years 6 months ago #172615

Hi,
I have now replaced the wheel bearing and the problem is solved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, cairnsys

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT