Sign In   Register

Topic

OEM exhaust tip rust 7 years 10 months ago #169744

Invalid or non-existent item ID.you could do with one of these peddle bins .....maybe cut and bend the stainless..fabricate some tube,just the right size to push over the old tail pipes and spray up in side the exhaust......maybe use any stainless surplus to cover the silencer......pedal bin like these on ebay

Please Log in to join the conversation.

OEM exhaust tip rust 7 years 10 months ago #169745

Yes you are right, you to take that into account, perhaps you need hammerite high heat. You could also use rustoleum heat resistant paint or KBS high heat paint. These all can stand upto about 600 degrees and are of good quality. The normal rustoleum can stand 100 degrees
I am not sure how warm these pipes at the end get , I think the exaust itself gets pretty hot, but the pipe at the end I think will be moderate. I used normal rustoleum hard hat - red for the brake capilers on my other car, it has been there now for 8 years, paint is still intact.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, Paul1966

OEM exhaust tip rust 7 years 10 months ago #169748

without going outside in the garage .....does anyone know the outside diameter of a standard tf tail pipe? :-?..........if it was the same has a beer can you could cut the ends off and push on.....using a speckled hen can to keep the mg theme :coat:
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

OEM exhaust tip rust 7 years 10 months ago #169750

@ mgtfbluestreak Ha ha ha ha or I could just fabricate a full exhaust system & be done with it :beer:

@ tnjk here lies the problem ! I believe the high temp paints need to be 'cooked' to cure....
during an mot they stick a probe into the exhaust that has a rubberized coating.... I never smell burned rubber though ??
can anyone give information on exhaust temperatures ??

@ mgtfbluestreak :tada: :woowoo: :clap: I see what you did there !!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgtfbluestreak

Last edit: Post by Paul1966. Reason: old speckled hen

OEM exhaust tip rust 7 years 10 months ago #169752

eric morcombe had a interceptor.....he once said...."cost me a fortune,but it brings me sunshine"........pictured below the man himself and his beloved jensen

another image of erics jensen
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul1966

OEM exhaust tip rust 7 years 10 months ago #169753

eric morcambe talking about is beloved jensen on parkinson chat show

OEM exhaust tip rust 7 years 10 months ago #169754

first time i saw a jensen interceptor was in the protectors....remember it?

OEM exhaust tip rust 7 years 10 months ago #169757

Yes the Jensen came with 6.3 litre (383 cu in) & 7.4 litre (440 cu in) engines, both these came with single 4 barrel carbies, but did you know the 7.4 had a 6 pack option? 3 x 2 barrel carbies

I can tell you these things went like the clappers! :yesnod: ;)
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

OEM exhaust tip rust 7 years 10 months ago #169758

Mmmmm...just had an idea, how about some large heat shrink tubing available in many colours too...just put it on the exhaust and fire up the engine and watch it shrink down and take hold. then trim as required....available in sizes up to 180mm diameter....just a quick cheap fix until something more permanent is sorted!
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/31GhgyLTQlL.jpg

Sundance

OEM exhaust tip rust 7 years 10 months ago #169759

Having lost one of my quad finishers off my Daytona, I was unhappy at the idea of having to pay £100 to replace it. So I experimented with various Chrome ebay finishers as replacements. They all rusted pretty quickly. :slapme:

In the end I found some stainless finishers on ebay that have, so far, resisted any corrosion. :broon:
David
:shrug:

OEM exhaust tip rust 7 years 10 months ago #169764

@ SundanceUK this is an interesting idea.. will this melt/burn/split over time ?? what temperatures do these work at ??

@ David Aiketgate glad you got yours sorted, I have also had problems buying chromed stuff it seems to last just long enough
so you can't take it back :(

Thanks again Paul1966

OEM exhaust tip rust 7 years 10 months ago #169775

@ SundanceUK this is an interesting idea.. will this melt/burn/split over time ?? what temperatures do these work at ??

@ David Aiketgate glad you got yours sorted, I have also had problems buying chromed stuff it seems to last just long enough
so you can't take it back :(

Thanks again Paul1966

I cant see them lasting forever but they are heat resistant and usually shrink to 1/2 the original diameter. They will only give a matt finish but may help tidy up an eyesore...just thought they may work for this application
Sundance

Time to create page: 0.936 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT