Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Nightshift spending spree! 8 years 2 months ago #165082

Well I'm away at work at the moment (3 weeks offshore and i'm on nightshift for the lot)! :nonod: Decided to cheer myself up and have a wee spending spre on the car. New exhaust Scorpion one with the oval quad exits with new fitting kit (same as supplied by the MGF centre). Pipercross panel filter, some new colored hoses for the engine bay, a new center console as i managed to scratch mine a while back :(, new aluminum heater knobs, and some HEL stainless braided brake hoses. Looking forward to getting home to get it all on the car. Pictures to follow once i get off this rust bucket.
Thanks

Alan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Nightshift spending spre! 8 years 2 months ago #165083

• Cobber
  • Away
  • '97 MGF 1.8 MPI
"Nightshift spending spre!"
You must've spent heaps, as you now don't seem to be able to afford the second 'e' in spree! :lol: :coat:
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Nightshift spending spre! 8 years 2 months ago #165084

;) That's a amazing amount of spending, however you spell it! :yesnod: :bust:
David
:shrug:

Nightshift spending spre! 8 years 2 months ago #165088

Alan,

I'm looking forward to seeing the car with all these bits on it on some Highland MGOC runs! Was this for your first night shift? I can only guess what the Gräfin von Spendingspree will say when this lot arrives if you are still off-shore.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

Nightshift spending spre! 8 years 2 months ago #165100

Attachments:

Nightshift spending spre! 8 years 2 months ago #165109

Great shopping list, :broon: Will be good to see the pic's. :woohoo:

Nightshift spending spre! 8 years 2 months ago #165116

Haha yeah what can i say nightshift spelling aint the best. :coat: I have managed to get it all in the house without her being to bothered although it has cost me a trip to Edinburgh in April but its worth it. She is pregnant so that means i get to drink! :woo2: Aye Richard I should be about this year i think almost every run last year fell when i was away. Will hopefully be home in time to make the Inverness classic car rally, hopefully the car will be in the line up. Unfortunately not the first nightshift but they dont seem to get any easier! :woowoo:
Thanks

Alan

Nightshift spending spre! 8 years 2 months ago #165124

Alan, 24 April Drive it Day! RV at the V8 Cafe Henderson Road leaving at 1100. Any good for you?

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

Nightshift spending spre! 8 years 2 months ago #165129

Richard, I go back to work on Friday the 22nd but i'm sure i am home for the Tain show. I should also be home for the run in May if its after the 13th and in June also.

Alan
Thanks

Alan

Nightshift spending spree! 8 years 2 months ago #165264

Made it home last night, so went straight out to the garage for a tinker managed to get the centre console fitted and the heater controls. Delighted with heater controls the quality is excellent. If it's not to cold tomorrow I will sneak out to add some more bits.

Thanks

Alan
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: adamelphick, Leigh Ping

Nightshift spending spree! 8 years 2 months ago #165275

Looking very good Alan and I like those heater knobs too and prefer them to my Satur ones although I don't think I can justify spending the money again - however, where did you get them? Caroline must be very understanding aboiut your mistress.

Richard
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alans835

Nightshift spending spree! 8 years 2 months ago #165279

I got them from brown and gammons however 2 of them are missing the wee clip inside so need to contact them on Monday to send some out. You could sell them I would think you would sell them no problem. Was out again this morning and fitted the air filter nice easy job and decided to have a go at painting the bracing bars. My local garage had some lime green spray tins so I went for it I'm really happy with the outcome. What do use think? Lol Caroline is delighted sometimes well most of the time, gets me outa the house she can watch tele in peace!

Rubbed down where they sit as it was bare metal, gave it a like of primer and satin black before fitting the bracing bars again.

Thanks

Alan
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Alans835.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT