Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 7 months ago #181212

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.

I then removed the exhaust and cat.
When I replaced most of the exhaust system I used the longer cat saver bolts to future proof replacing the cat.
The last time I sent the car into a garage for a bit of work prior to the MOT they replaced the cat to get through the emissions.
Imagine my surprise to find that there were only 2 of the 6 cat saver nuts on there and that the other bolts were a mix of sizes.
And then I found they had fitted a cat that had a boss for a lambda probe at the front, and had fitted a broken lambda probe in the hole!
I do know the garage have sacked the mechanic who had worked on my car due to his poor standards but I am starting to get rather fed up with all the problems I find resulting from his work, even two and a half years later.

:omg: that's pretty shoddy. I would have been furious!
David
:shrug:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 7 months ago #181215

After getting all the work done on the wee steptronic and changing the hood over Gerry and myself are now struggling to replace the plastic window in the electric hood . The zip is seized solid. Tried to take few photos don't know if they will upload download​ or any other kind of load. Why can you never get an engineer when you need one.
Attachments:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 7 months ago #181216

Oops. Will get one of my grandchildren to sort the photo problem.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 7 months ago #181220

On Thursday afternoon drove it to Dover (275 miles 7 hours thanks to blocked M6!)

On Friday took boat to Calais, then 300 mile drive to Le Mans (avoiding motorways)

Today car resting in Hotel car park.

Only problem was headlight bulb burning out, damaging connector!

France is closed tomorrow (Sunday) so have to wait until Monday for a repair!

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 7 months ago #181226

at least you are still on holiday, enjoy. from the blighty.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 7 months ago #181230

:omg: that's pretty shoddy. I would have been furious!

I was previously, he'd used a mix of bolt sizes on the engine cover rounding 2 off, left out the ones under the t bar, left out the plate at the end of the transmission tunnel, messed up the cruise control, managed to upset the TPS and most of this while replacing the gear cables that he broke while apparently giving the car an Italian tune up on the way for the MOT, he didn't even get the gears right, I had to adjust them when I got the car back.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 7 months ago #181243

This sort of shoddy repair work makes my blood boil ! Why don't people take pride in their work and other people's vehicles . It kind of worries me for when I get to the point of having to rely on so called professionals to work on my TF .
John ( qualified grumpy git) :rant:
The following user(s) said Thank You: graham1

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 7 months ago #181248

when a job needs doing well do it yourself, if you can, then you can only blame yourself if you make a cockup lol

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 7 months ago #181253

when a job needs doing well do it yourself, if you can, then you can only blame yourself if you make a cockup lol

If I did a job and cocked up has you put it..I'd still blame someone else anyhow

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 7 months ago #181254

Moving on.....

Yesterday I ran out of charge for my grinder so couldn't finish the heat shield upgrade so I moved back to the car.

I managed to get out all 4 exhaust mount bolts (although 2 needed a 9mm socket tapped on to them), 3 of the 4 anti roll bar to body mount bolts came out, the 4th sheered but drilling it out will be ok as it bolts to the subframe bracket and that is coming out.

Today I moved on to the subframe mounts, all 6 of the rear sub frame mount bolts came loose, I had sprayed them last week with some plus gas (and then lost the can!) and before undoing I did crack them tighter a fraction.

Running short of day light I moved on to fitting the N/S puddle light, just need to wire it now.

The weather has been great for working on the car but husband duties have taken up some of the time. However I've done most of the lying on your back under the car jobs which should help progress.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 7 months ago #181268

nice to see i am not the only one working away at the car, can you upload some pics of your puddle lights being fitted thanks

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 7 months ago #181270

Installed a set of regassed spheres into a friend's F. The F rode okay before the swap but was pretty harsh going over bumps such as railroad tracks, now it floats over them.
Mark
95 MGF

Time to create page: 0.314 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT