Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 6 months ago #181274

Drove it down (or was it up) the Mulsanne straight at Le Mans

Ok it is a public road, but still got a kick out of it

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 6 months ago #181275

I finally bit the bullet to replace the exhaust. The back box has had a hole in it for a couple of years and I have patched it a few times and it got through the MOT last year, but as its coming up again and the weather has been good, (working on the drive) I decided to go for it.
I had bought a new back box, a new cat, as there was no way the old nuts could even have a socket bashed on them, in fact the flanges were disintegrating, gaskets, stainless nuts and bolts and even a new sensor, what could go wrong?. The answer, just about everything. I had to use an angle grinder, drill, hacksaw and brute force to get everything off. When I eventually got it off, went to fit the new back box, which I got a couple of years ago, only to find that the left hand bracket had been welded on incorrectly. Havent got the receipt anymore so not sure who I got it from, so then spent the next few hours refashioning the bracket. Was dark by that time so now car sitting on drive waiting for me to refit everything, fingers crossed nothing else goes wrong.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 6 months ago #181276

believe, me I know what you have been going through just done mine, what a pain it was, but worth the pain it gave me.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 6 months ago #181325

been taking the head off again

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 6 months ago #181452

I did two things yesterday -

1) Raised the back a little more so that the wheels are slightly off the ground so I can now get on with stripping the brakes and hubs

and

2) Dyed the gunsmoke alcantara door card inserts to a nice olive green to compliment the BRG colour of the car.
Today they finished drying and they are a nice colour of
gunsmoke........

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 6 months ago #181517

Took the newest twin for MOT today. Don't you just hate the waiting for the result?? On a result note I took and passed my LGV hazard perception and theory tests yesterday. Just a practical to go!
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 6 months ago #181518

Good luck with both.
John.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 6 months ago #181524

hope things turn out fine for you. good luck.;)

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 6 months ago #181525

Hi what kind of dye do you use on your door panels, thanks.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 6 months ago #181535

Done nothing.
After spending a couple of hours under the back end, trying to remove the blobs of rust which used to be bolts to the heatshield and rubber exhaust hangers, I eventually admitted defeat, so;
I nipped down to the local exhaust centre with all of the replacement parts and emerged 50 minutes later and £30.00 lighter. Job well done and well worth it I think!
No sheared bolts, everything came out with snap on bolt extractors, and the exhaust is back to fitting horizontal in the bumper apertures.
I wonder what will need doing next?

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 6 months ago #181549

it will all end in the end/

what as done today 6 years 6 months ago #181559

greased the front nipples up, taken the front bumper off ready to apply the grills on Saturday , and cleaned the bonnet release catch, getting there.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.301 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT