Sign In   Register

Topic

Taking a break...... 11 years 3 weeks ago #114488

• John and Sue's Avatar Topic Author
  • John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
........ From the forum. Have upset a few people with some of my my posts recently. Have apologised, sufficiently i hope. Always have been a bit outspoken.

I really wouldn't feel comfortable attending events with some of what has been said. Mainly by me, I must admit. Why we're not going to PoL for example.
Many declared that they wanted a Midlands meeting group with the departure of Midland Marauders: I tried : 3 attendees. But very welcome and great to meet sam47, stevecrx and helsbyman. Many thanks for coming.

Some on here may know that I'm a recovering cancerholic: I have a few worries in that department after my last recent check up. Fingers crossed. Hey ho. Will know more after a scan next week. Been through it before. Still here!

So, I'll be lurking and watching what you're all up to but not participating.

Pm if you want to keep in touch.
Otherwise, enjoy your daft car. We will!
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Taking a break...... 11 years 3 weeks ago #114490

I wish you all the best with any health issues. Please continue to post as I enjoy your humour.
[IMG]ht[/img]

Taking a break...... 11 years 3 weeks ago #114491

• birks
  • Loves going topless!!!
Firstly John, if you feel you HAVE to take a break for saying what you feel.... you don't :nonod:
If you feel you need a break to concentrate on your health, fair enough, understood...take care of yourself and pop in now and again :hugs:

You've certainly never upset me (tho I did think I'd upset you at one point ...which made me upset...oops...could go round in circles here!!!) I respect your decision, but you'll be missed

Go to Longbridge, go to MGLive...speak to people you want to speak with and ignore those you don't. Please don't let the thoughts and actions of a few individuals spoil the wonderful world of MG owners out there

x

This girl doesn't mind getting her hands dirty !!! :lol:

Taking a break...... 11 years 2 weeks ago #114496

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!
John. Please don't go everyone has a personality its knowing how to take em. Giving and receiving a bit of stick is part of life I do it every day without fail.
If you have health issues I.totally understand but don't be put off coming on here

Taking a break...... 11 years 2 weeks ago #114498

Don't go too far... You're on my 'to meet list'

Most probably won't appreciate the year you have had..

:hugs:

Allan
Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

Taking a break...... 11 years 2 weeks ago #114501

+1^^^^^^^

I can appreciate the worry the big c can bring with the wife goin through it too :(

Don't give up on us.

Baby.

:coat:

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)

Taking a break...... 11 years 2 weeks ago #114502

Firstly John, if you feel you HAVE to take a break for saying what you feel.... you don't :nonod:
If you feel you need a break to concentrate on your health, fair enough, understood...take care of yourself and pop in now and again :hugs:

You've certainly never upset me (tho I did think I'd upset you at one point ...which made me upset...oops...could go round in circles here!!!) I respect your decision, but you'll be missed

Go to Longbridge, go to MGLive...speak to people you want to speak with and ignore those you don't. Please don't let the thoughts and actions of a few individuals spoil the wonderful world of MG owners out there

x

Maggy has it spot on.
I for one enjoy reading your very varied posts John and I know that you have a "heavy industry" sort of sense of humour which doesn't always translate safely to the outside world (I know that from pit work :p) but it is a massive shame to see you stop posting.
we'll have to all go round to John's house en-masse and stage a protest :P

All the best for your test's and thoughts are with you and your family :hugs:
Keith
a hammer fixes all

Taking a break...... 11 years 2 weeks ago #114503

OK, John, that is a long enough break. Welcome back. Beating cancer will be easier with us to talk to, and enjoying the Forum will be easier for us with you to talk to. And yes, I know that I ended the last sentence on a preposition... :hugs:
Ain't it funny, how time slips away...?

Taking a break...... 11 years 2 weeks ago #114504

Hi John, I wish you well and will be thinking about you this week. From the little time I have known you on this forum and meeting you last week at Donny, what I do know is you are a very knowledgeable guy. I always look forward to what you have had to say whether it be cars, work, family or music. Always to the point and with a wicked humour. But hey we don't have to agree. :P You and Sue made me very welcome last week at Donny and I know you enjoyed organising the day. I do hope there will be more to come. Your passion is encouraging to others. I do hope it all works out for you and look forward to seeing you back on this forum soon. Take care.
Steve :hugs:

Taking a break...... 11 years 2 weeks ago #114505

John, we have had a sparring moment recently :spank: but I had hoped I had put in plenty of smiley faces so you knew it was a little tongue in cheek......it takes allsorts to keep a forum "alive" so Bertie :P in the words of KC & Sunshine Band "Please don't go, don't go oh oh oh " Hope you remain in good health too!
"I smile cos I have no idea what's going on"

Taking a break...... 11 years 2 weeks ago #114507

As others have said John, we all have our moments and I don't think anybody really takes it personally and we all get over it, I echo the thoughts of many others on The big C if you honestly need a break to combat the stress you must have at the moment then nobody on here will hold that against you ! If your just trying to hide for fear of upsetting people then Bollocks .. lol we all like your banta

Freestyle and TF for Sale Mk1 work in progress, well it never stops does it lol

Taking a break...... 11 years 2 weeks ago #114509

Ditto on the above posts, you certainly appear to be a very interesting character, would be good to meet you at some point, hope that in the future I still can!! Have had health issues myself this last year, but on no way the scale of yours, so i know where you are coming from. Keep up the funny posts, it will be a shame for them not to be a daily read on here. All the best and good luck.
"If it all seems under control, you're just not going fast enough!" Mario Andretti

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT