Sign In   Register

Topic

Taking a break...... 11 years 1 month ago #114548

• John and Sue's Avatar Topic Author
  • John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
Well.....
I did pop in, expecting the Angry Mob, and found the opposite. :hugs:

I must admit that I look on this site as not just a car enthusiast site but also social interaction: I don't do Twitbook or Facerer and have enjoyed, probably wrongly, that side of things on here.

Moke summed up my sense if humour: heavy industry sort. No room for finer feelings, which I should have moderated as some will not see it for what it is.

Health issues: well, several years ago I was diagnosed with bowel cancer, and ended up minus one tumour, one bladder, one prostate and three sevenths of me liver. To compensate they equipped me with a colostomy and a urostomy, after giving me several months of chemotherapy.

Having survived all dat ting, I believed meself indestructible and lead a normal, as far as possible life.

My last set of routine blood tests revealed the my C markers had shot up: I've had a new set of tests done and have a CAT scan booked for next week, so we're hoping the blood lab- rat was having a bad day.

On top of all this, one of our daughters has her court hearing next week to prevent her phsyco ex from coming near her. Those of you that have daughters will know how it makes one feel. Powerless, when ones thoughts turn to guns and baseball bats. But wifely ginger sense prevails.

Wish me luck! And thanks for your positive comments: they mean a lot.

Oh, and if it has gone horribly wrong health-wise, my T Bar mug can go on top of my pine overcoat at the crem: if it ever arrives that is.......... :whistle:
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..
The following user(s) said Thank You: bensewell

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by John and Sue.

Taking a break...... 11 years 1 month ago #114551

:hugs: fingers crossed for you John. Re daughters, I have 3 .... 2 of which have /had psycho exes one of which has had a close up with an old rounders bat that was on its way down to the tip (that's what we told the police) :bat: so sympathies go out to you with that one too. Young uns need to make the most of their little ones because the trouble has only just begun! ;)
"I smile cos I have no idea what's going on"

Taking a break...... 11 years 1 month ago #114556

John, you can't go away... Who else is Aitetgate going to play obscure 70's bands n tracks with on 'Destination'. No one else has a clue what you two are banging on about :-)
Cars - Making me poor since 1989

Taking a break...... 11 years 1 month ago #114557

John, I can only echo what others have said.

You're a good bloke and an asset to the forum. I would be sorry to see you not posting.

As for your health, I wish you all the best.

Steve.
stevecrx
'98 'F, BRG Poverty Spec Edition
Build Thread

Taking a break...... 11 years 1 month ago #114559

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!
He's alright I suppose

Taking a break...... 11 years 1 month ago #114561

Very sorry to hear about your health problems, but please take our best wishes for a speedy recovery and hope all works out OK for you.
We've only been on here a short while, but will be sad to see you go from the forums.
It might help if you stay around and have some banter, we won't be offended.

Good luck and stay in touch,
Rich & Paula

Taking a break...... 11 years 1 month ago #114571

John I can only repeat what others have already said if you feel you have to focus your energies on your health and family thats entirely understandable but if its because of the odd difference of opinion with people on here which we all have from time to time that would be sad as its obvious to anyone who has read your posts/threads that you have a lot to offer to this forum and will be missed

Taking a break...... 11 years 1 month ago #114578

Wishing you lots of luck John... Come back soon please..... It will be hard for you to watch without posting...but we all respect your decision and wait to see a post pop up from you when you are good and ready... ;)

Taking a break...... 11 years 1 month ago #114581

John, are you still heading up to Longannet at the end of the month?

It'd be good to meet up. :broon:

Taking a break...... 11 years 1 month ago #114583

• Visitor
  • Visitor
New to the forum and never mt you and your wife but it would be a shame for a regular poster to go without even meeting them, I totally understand if it was for medical issues (I deal with them issues everyday at work :( ) but if it was for reasons of different opinions then I would stay, we are all different and if we was not then the world would be a very boring place :P

Stay offer hands of friendship and keep posting :woohoo:

Last edit: Post by .

Taking a break...... 11 years 1 month ago #114595

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer

John, are you still heading up to Longannet at the end of the month?

It'd be good to meet up. :broon:[/quote

I'm driving up nice and steady on the 23rd, discussions with colleague that evening, I'm available the evenings of 24, 25 and 26, tootling back on Sat 27th morning.

Staying at Airth Castle, Falkirk. :broon: happy to meet up. Hopefully might have some good health news to celebrate: otherwise will drown sorrows in malt!

It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Taking a break...... 11 years 1 month ago #114596

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer

He's alright I suppose

Now THAT is Northern compliment!

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT