Sign In   Register

Topic

Unbelievable. 14 years 3 months ago #8910

i also like calling teams "Arsenal united" just cause they get really annoyed by it... and call football "soccer" and they'll spit their dummy out! lol

when you work in a pub you make your own entertainment lol
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Unbelievable. 14 years 3 months ago #8940

You hate football?

Don't get me started.

I used to support Carlisle United when I was a boy, but the increasing crowd violence put me off. When one of my mates got beaten senseless by a Spurs supporter, I decided enough was enough.
The poor lad wasn't even at the game, just walking up the street.
Then when I was fifteen I got kicked by a Sunderland supporter when I was in Newcastle. I must have somehow looked like a hard arrogant Newcastle supporter, with my black and yellow school scarf round my neck.:dunno: I was only in Newcastle to go to a John Mayall concert!

The players and managers are a damn disgrace, behaving like petulant children if something goes against them.
David
:shrug:

Unbelievable. 14 years 3 months ago #8943

Well I suppose it comes as no surprise that I don't like footie! I'll watch the England games because to me that's about supporting your country. But in general I think it's disgusting that these people get paid more than doctors who save people's lives. :shake:

Unbelievable. 14 years 3 months ago #8946

:woohoo: i thought i was a freak (watch it Adam :p ) in not liking football, seems I'm not alone :yesnod:

i just cannot see the fascination in it, yeah play it by all means, i totally enjoy watching my son playing but all this buying the team shirts and the wages, attitude and behavior of the players ... :dunno:

well I'll just shut up now, happy in the knowledge I'm not alone :woo2:

Unbelievable. 14 years 3 months ago #8949

:woohoo: i thought i was a freak (watch it Adam :p ) in not liking football, seems I'm not alone :yesnod:

i just cannot see the fascination in it, yeah play it by all means, i totally enjoy watching my son playing but all this buying the team shirts and the wages, attitude and behavior of the players ... :dunno:

well I'll just shut up now, happy in the knowledge I'm not alone :woo2:

Agreed. I really quite enjoy playing both 5-a-side and 11-a-side but I can't stand watching it :lol: Does that make me even weirder :shake:

Unbelievable. 14 years 3 months ago #8950

• cjj's Avatar Topic Author
  • cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

Agreed. I really quite enjoy playing both 5-a-side and 11-a-side but I can't stand watching it :lol: Does that make me even weirder :shake:

Even weirder than we thought you were, or even weirder than everybody else? :dunno: :)

Unbelievable. 14 years 3 months ago #8954

:woohoo: i thought i was a freak (watch it Adam :p )

i say nothing :innocent:

Even weirder than we thought you were, or even weirder than everybody else? :dunno: :)

now there's a thought thats gonna fester...
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Unbelievable. 14 years 3 months ago #8986

That depends, how weird do you think I am :crazy:

Unbelievable. 14 years 3 months ago #8989

there are vast amounts of money in footy (well the premiership) with sky, sponsorship and brand endorsement. players take there share of that, theyre young men with lots of money and god like status - to their supporters - so its hardly surprising that occasionally they go off the rails. nobody seems to complain when singers, actors or other entertainers do something stupid. as for the money they earn the money is in game/industry if its not the players who get it then who? club owners? yes the money can be used to promote 'grass root' footy and it is but how would you feel if a company you worked for was making millions and paying you a set wage. its a free market ecconomy

Unbelievable. 14 years 3 months ago #8990

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

as for the money they earn the money is in game/industry if its not the players who get it then who?

How about affordable tickets and merchandise?

Unbelievable. 14 years 3 months ago #8991

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Interesting reading:

Average pay for a premier league player

2006 £676, 000

In 2009 it is 1.1 mil pounds

Not a bad pay increase over 3 years. Wish mine was the same.

Unbelievable. 14 years 3 months ago #8996

ticket prices are set by supply and demand attendances at most clubs is at 90% of stadium capacity. some dj is playing the echo arena and tickets £75 its sold out. the big night clubs in ibeza £50+ and they turn people away. how much does it cost to see a popular band? im not saying its right but its not just footballers who earn big £
edit i am saying it right that the players get the money

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT