Sign In   Register

Topic

Unbelievable. 14 years 3 months ago #8849

• cjj's Avatar Topic Author
  • cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
I have never felt so distant from the youth of today as I now feel after seeing this report on Sky News .

I think parents need to talk to their kids and educate them on the consequences of being dead, or even worse, brain damaged.

Maybe I am just becoming old now, but things that kids are getting up to nowadays is just frightening.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Unbelievable. 14 years 3 months ago #8852

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
This is the actual news article tha I saw. How can that be fun?

I have actually experienced it myself as I passed out when I was in a choke hold in Judo, and I cannot say it was fun.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJME_BZ-ccA]YouTube- Shocking videos of teenagers choking and strangling each other[/ame]

Unbelievable. 14 years 3 months ago #8854

• Visitor
  • Visitor
This choking to get high stuff has been going on for centuries, of coarse it used to be for sexual gratification but now it seems to be for other reasons.

Historically and scientifically there seems to be a causal link the closer you become to death the closer you become to a 'higher awareness' between yourself and the world around you.

I have no idea why people would want to risk it but realistically this is no different then taking heroin or dope, just a different method of getting your kicks.

Unbelievable. 14 years 3 months ago #8858

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

I have no idea why people would want to risk it but realistically this is no different then taking heroin or dope, just a different method of getting your kicks.

Don't agree here. I know all about autoasphyxiation, as you say, it has been around for as long as time, but this seems more sinister.

Usually kids don't inject someone else, video it on their phones and laugh at them as they convulse.

Drug taking is generally a lonely passtime, where as this seems a spectator sport.

That is what I find disturbing about it. Not the action itself, but the fact that it is carried out by someone else for the entertainment of the group.

Unbelievable. 14 years 3 months ago #8865

• Visitor
  • Visitor

Don't agree here. I know all about autoasphyxiation, as you say, it has been around for as long as time, but this seems more sinister.

Usually kids don't inject someone else, video it on their phones and laugh at them as they convulse.

I agree, however that would be because Youtube or whatnot would pull the video as it promotes the use of drugs, what these kids are doing are not in the same ballpark as some of the videos/picture that I have seen from the 50's, 60's and 70's where gangs of drug pushers would bully children into shooting up heroin and cocaine in the mistaken belief that one hit would make then addicted.

Drug taking is generally a lonely passtime, where as this seems a spectator sport.

I disagree here, people who have never been in the culture generally believe that, but drug taking is a social event from taking ectasy before going clubbing to having a few friends over for a joint.

That is what I find disturbing about it. Not the action itself, but the fact that it is carried out by someone else for the entertainment of the group.

Heck, at least everyone in the videos are consenting, public entertainment for others is not a new thing, from the colloseum of Rome, to the public hangings and the Bedlam institute of pre-industrial London. The only difference with this is that it has been recorded on video.

For the record I do find it just wrong what these kids are doing, but am not at all surprised by what is happening and I stand by my analogy of drug taking for getting a high.

Unbelievable. 14 years 3 months ago #8869

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
As I said, for me it is the fact that it isn't for a high, it is for others entertainment, and most of your examples don't involve school girls throttling each other until they pass out and convulse.

Your examples show that evil has existed throughout history, but the problem we have today is that children are trying this on a mass scale and it will spread like wildfire as they have access to an unprecidented level of media. How long before a 13 year old is in custody because their friend didn't wake up.

For me, the worrying thing is that this isn't done out of malice, but youthful ignorance, but how long before bullying combines with this and the bullies decide it would be good fun to strangle their victims until they pass out, just so they can humiliate them as they convulse. Taking happy slapping to a new level.

Unbelievable. 14 years 3 months ago #8870

Oh God here comes another of the CJJ vs Prometheus debates... honestly people keep it to your sigs. :p

Oh & for the record Hot Shots trumps Top Gun every time. :dc:

Unbelievable. 14 years 3 months ago #8872

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

Oh God here comes another of the CJJ vs Prometheus debates... honestly people keep it to your sigs. :p

Oy, what's wrong with us having a civilised adult debate? :dunno:

Frank has his keen sense of debating and education behind him, I have my special outlook on life. :)

Unbelievable. 14 years 3 months ago #8874

Frank has his keen sense of debating and education behind him, I have my special outlook on life. :)

Nothing wrong with it my friend but don't either of you come running to me with bruised egos & bloody noses at the end of it because you know what I'll say. :p

Go on then... ding, ding, round two...

;)

Unbelievable. 14 years 3 months ago #8875

• Visitor
  • Visitor

As I said, for me it is the fact that it isn't for a high, it is for others entertainment, and most of your examples don't involve school girls throttling each other until they pass out and convulse.

I'm sorry Clive but they are doing this for the high they get off of it and a secondary reason will be to appease their peers. Most of my examples don't involve that no, in fact all of my examples represent far worse acts then are being perpertrated in these videos.

Your examples show that evil has existed throughout history, but the problem we have today is that children are trying this on a mass scale and it will spread like wildfire as they have access to an unprecidented level of media. How long before a 13 year old is in custody because their friend didn't wake up.

So the problem is Sky news for reporting this then? I imagine it will be very soon when a 13 year old gets into custody for killing one of their friends, then they will face the consequences of actions they know to be wrong. But this is no different from a friend giving another friend a 'happy pill' and the friend dying 4 hours later from a heart attack...again, the only difference is that society as a whole has to confront this but only because it is being reported and videoed, if it hadn't been we could all convince ourselves that these things never happened in our day and the youth of today are so different! The only difference now is that it is thrust into our faces from a never ending spew from news channels spewing anything to get ratings...believe me when I say that kids will do this without the knowledge that it is being reported, you know how I know? I never watched or read the news until I was about 15!

For me, the worrying thing is that this isn't done out of malice, but youthful ignorance, but how long before bullying combines with this and the bullies decide it would be good fun to strangle their victims until they pass out, just so they can humiliate them as they convulse. Taking happy slapping to a new level.

My examples from my previous post shows that bullying and humiliating others for this type of act is not a new thing and has been around for decades! Of coarse it will happen and will continue to happen as long as we have children and bullies on this earth.

:lol: :lol: I can't write this much in my sig though :frown:

Blasphemy!! Maverick FTW :yesnod:

Unbelievable. 14 years 3 months ago #8876

• Visitor
  • Visitor

+1 plus it is fun! :)

Unbelievable. 14 years 3 months ago #8879

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
I suppose I agree about the drugs, but it is so much more unpallatable someone strangling another person than slipping them a pill.

I doubt whether the 13 year old will ever suffer any consequences, unless they have a conscience, as the defence will just prove that they didn't know what they were doing.

As for the idea that kids of today are no worse than in my day, I don't subscribe to that either. Each generation sees an escalation of boundaries and the pushing of what is acceptable, it also sees the innevitable desensitising of the general public. I don't believe that my generation were angels, but what I see nowadays really makes me think that we are descending into the pits of hell.

The chicken and egg scenario of the media will always be open for debate. Are they simply reporting on something that is happening, or is the reporting making it happen?

Topper Harley. :yesnod:

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT