Sign In   Register

Topic

Unbelievable. 14 years 3 months ago #9136

I can just see that scenario;

"Now roll on you side and bend your knees up while I take your temperature Mr Jones..."

"AAARRRRRGGGGGHHH"

"Ooops, Sorry Mr Jones that was my torque wrench, but the good news is your ring gear is now torqued up to 65nm"

:rofl:

Thats the funniest thing i've herd in forever! :lolm: :lmao: :pmsl: :rofl:
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Unbelievable. 14 years 3 months ago #9212

Hi CJJ, You might like to read this,

A mother was praised by police last night for reporting her son after seeing a photograph of him “surfing” on the back of a bus.

Police said Catherine Malone was “very brave” for taking the unusual step of identifying her 12-year-old son, Marcus, to Durham Police and The Northern Echo in the hope it will stop him, and other youngsters, from taking part in the dangerous activity.

The mother-of-three phoned the police after her daughter recognised the youngster as one of the Darlington bussurfers caught on camera recently by a concerned driver, who sent the image to The Northern Echo.

The paper published the photograph on Friday in the hope it would deter children from the game, which involves youngsters jumping on the backs of buses and clinging on for as long as possible.

It seems as if all youth have nothing better to do. Always the excuse given even in my day. But we were given low paid jobs if we came up with that tale, paper rounds, delivery rounds etc. the problem now is that H&S etc has removed that option.
The good news however, is that we are not alone thinking that our youth needs a good kick up the rear, one mum at least is doing something about it.

I wish

THe Lone Gunman

Unbelievable. 14 years 3 months ago #9231

• cjj's Avatar Topic Author
  • cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Yeah, I saw that. Good to see the mother had some sense even if the boy doesn't. In an interview the reporter asked the lad if he had learned his lesson or would he do it again. The little darling said he would probably do it again as it was a free bus ride.

To be honest I am not sure that I would be as devastated as I should be if one of them fell in front of my car.

I can see the news interview now...

"So Mr Johnson, you must be heartbroken after the incident"

"I'm inconsolable. That was a new bumper and I had just washed the car :dunno:"

Unbelievable. 14 years 3 months ago #9243

Yeah, I saw that. Good to see the mother had some sense even if the boy doesn't. In an interview the reporter asked the lad if he had learned his lesson or would he do it again. The little darling said he would probably do it again as it was a free bus ride.

To be honest I am not sure that I would be as devastated as I should be if one of them fell in front of my car.

I can see the news interview now...

"So Mr Johnson, you must be heartbroken after the incident"

"I'm inconsolable. That was a new bumper and I had just washed the car :dunno:"

Best bit is they were doing the "Surfing " while we had the deep snow. Not only a chance of being run over but a good soaking as well.
So on your next trip to Darlington are you fitting Roo Bars ?

I wish

THe Lone Gunman

Unbelievable. 14 years 3 months ago #9251

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
The buss company should fit high power squirters on the back and at the very least fill with water, but some form of indellible dye would be good too.

Unbelievable. 14 years 3 months ago #9256

• bacchus
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Food, Photography & Little British Sports Cars

The buss company should fit high power squirters on the back and at the very least fill with water, but some form of indellible dye would be good too.

Better yet super glue, the the police could just come and scrape them all of the back of the bus at the end of the day......lol

Unbelievable. 14 years 3 months ago #9260

Could do with one of those dye squirters set on automatic to fire at passing BMW`s. Why do they always never use indicators, lights or sensible behaviour ?

I wish

THe Lone Gunman

Unbelievable. 14 years 3 months ago #9262

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

Why do they always never use indicators, lights or sensible behaviour ?

Because it is THEIR road. :yesnod:

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT