Sign In   Register

Topic

Unbelievable. 14 years 3 months ago #8997

how much to go to silverstone for a f1 grand prix? and what do the drivers earn?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Unbelievable. 14 years 3 months ago #8998

• cjj's Avatar Topic Author
  • cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
But that's different, I like cars. :yesnod:

Unbelievable. 14 years 3 months ago #9001

blimey charlie! whats wrong with a bottle of white cider and a packet of lambert and butler.... it was simple in my day, no self strangultion or anything :)

Unbelievable. 14 years 3 months ago #9002

But that's different, I like cars. :yesnod:

lol i like them both maybe thats why im nocash

Unbelievable. 14 years 3 months ago #9009

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

blimey charlie! whats wrong with a bottle of white cider and a packet of lambert and butler.... it was simple in my day, no self strangultion or anything :)

That's probably why we made it to adulthood. :dunno:

Unbelievable. 14 years 3 months ago #9054

ticket prices are set by supply and demand attendances at most clubs is at 90% of stadium capacity. some dj is playing the echo arena and tickets £75 its sold out. the big night clubs in ibeza £50+ and they turn people away. how much does it cost to see a popular band? im not saying its right but its not just footballers who earn big £
edit i am saying it right that the players get the money

the odd time i look at a local rag and see pictures of middlesbrough football stadium it's barly a quater full.... in fact i remember someone saying in the club once it's NEVER been full... not once... in an area with vast unemployment problems and a huge downturn in local industry why are they still selling tickets at £40 a pop? sell them for a tenner! you'll make the same amount of money but at least the stadium will be full!

as for the players... its the natural evolution of a free market economy, they'll get paid for the value of the work they carry out (this btw is why i believe all the bankers that people complain about SHOULD get there bonus'es)

before everyone shouts at me hear me out

if they didn't get thoes bonuses they wouldn't work there... they'd work for another bank (possibly overseas)... they get thoes bonuses because there skills in the workplace have brought in a much bigger profit for the company.

because of the profit they have brought in the market place has judged their particular talents to be work 'X' amount

so the government banns the bankers in the RBS (or whoever it was) from getting bonuses* the result is them leaving and somebody less skilled running the company... result the company looses money and the tax payer never gets the lones back

pay the dam people their wages... get them making money and then let them repay the debt! then do what governments do best.... LEAVE THE FREE MARKET ALONE!

rant off lol

*because the media have worked the electorate up into a frenzy because it's a good story i may add but thats a side note
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Unbelievable. 14 years 3 months ago #9063

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Ah, but another perspective is that RBS was a failing bank that had to be bailed out by the public purse, along with a few other banks. The people that bailed them out are in an amazing amount of debt, yet the people who ran the failing banks are in line for £50 billion of bonuses. I think that is what sticks in everyones throat.

I honestly could not accept bonuses if I was in their position, I would be too ashamed to. Not only because the company that I was running had performed so poorly, but because the rest of the community I live in were doing so badly because of a recession caused by the banking practices (which were bonus led). I just couldn't live with myself, but then I have a conscience and don't live with the mindset of a banker.

Do you really think that the billions of pounds of bad debt that were sold were because the banks wanted to see their customers have a better lifestyle? Or because shifting more debt earned bigger bonuses for the banks and the people running them? Who foots the bill when the bubble bursts and the customes cannot afford to repay? The bankers? I don't think so.

The bonus culture encourages people to cut corners and turn a blind eye to risks etc so that they can meet targets and reap the rewards.

An example. You have a van that can safely carry 1 ton. I pay you £10,000 to deliver 1.5 tons to London. Probably, being a responsible person, you would make 2 runs and keep within the speed limits.

I now offer you £1000 to take 1.5 ton to London. If you deliver it within 4 hours I will give you another £9,000. It is impossible to do 2 trips within that timescale and even one trip at the legal speed limit would probably arrive late. Would you still do 2 trips and stick to the speed limits?

If the millions of pounds weren't given to the high flyers as bonuses, we may actualy get reduced charges and a bit more interest for the money we give them to look after.

If we stop the bonuses they may very well flee our market, and then we would have some job vacancies for medium experienced people who may actually do a decent job.

A lot of the speculation of money is based on bonuses, so it actually payes a speculator to take even bigger risks with our money to inflate his/her bonus.

I am all in favour of a decent wage for a decent days work. What I am against is the ever growing culture that you get your wage for the job and you get ever increasing bonuses if you do your job correctly. In effect, they are getting paid twice. I come from an era where you get paid if you do a decent job and you don't have a job if you don't do a decent job. Don't forget that the "basic wage" for these bankers is an astronomical amount anyway.

I don't think anyone deserves to earn the equivalent of a big lottery win every year, and that goes for bankers, footballers etc etc. Especially when people like nurses etc are struggling to make a living.

Unbelievable. 14 years 3 months ago #9067

Ah, but another perspective is that RBS was a failing bank that had to be bailed out by the public purse, along with a few other banks. The people that bailed them out are in an amazing amount of debt, yet the people who ran the failing banks are in line for £50 billion of bonuses. I think that is what sticks in everyones throat.

I honestly could not accept bonuses if I was in their position, I would be too ashamed to. Not only because the company that I was running had performed so poorly, but because the rest of the community I live in were doing so badly because of a recession caused by the banking practices (which were bonus led). I just couldn't live with myself, but then I have a conscience and don't live with the mindset of a banker.

Do you really think that the billions of pounds of bad debt that were sold were because the banks wanted to see their customers have a better lifestyle? Or because shifting more debt earned bigger bonuses for the banks and the people running them? Who foots the bill when the bubble bursts and the customes cannot afford to repay? The bankers? I don't think so.

The bonus culture encourages people to cut corners and turn a blind eye to risks etc so that they can meet targets and reap the rewards.

An example. You have a van that can safely carry 1 ton. I pay you £10,000 to deliver 1.5 tons to London. Probably, being a responsible person, you would make 2 runs and keep within the speed limits.

I now offer you £1000 to take 1.5 ton to London. If you deliver it within 4 hours I will give you another £9,000. It is impossible to do 2 trips within that timescale and even one trip at the legal speed limit would probably arrive late. Would you still do 2 trips and stick to the speed limits?

If the millions of pounds weren't given to the high flyers as bonuses, we may actualy get reduced charges and a bit more interest for the money we give them to look after.

If we stop the bonuses they may very well flee our market, and then we would have some job vacancies for medium experienced people who may actually do a decent job.

A lot of the speculation of money is based on bonuses, so it actually payes a speculator to take even bigger risks with our money to inflate his/her bonus.

I am all in favour of a decent wage for a decent days work. What I am against is the ever growing culture that you get your wage for the job and you get ever increasing bonuses if you do your job correctly. In effect, they are getting paid twice. I come from an era where you get paid if you do a decent job and you don't have a job if you don't do a decent job. Don't forget that the "basic wage" for these bankers is an astronomical amount anyway.

I don't think anyone deserves to earn the equivalent of a big lottery win every year, and that goes for bankers, footballers etc etc. Especially when people like nurses etc are struggling to make a living.

I fully agree with what you saying above... infact i agree 100%...

unfortunalty any of the above could only happen in a pefect world... we live in a democratic free market... nothing is ment to be controlled and it's been proven time and again that the more the government gets involved in the free market the worse it ends up being for everyone (i sight the soviet union as one extreme example :shake:)

personally i don't think the government should have guaranteed lones at all... i realize this would have caused a complete disaster for the banks which were going to hell and for their customers... but the people responsible would have been fired... the people running the bank would have HAD to cut their wages or face total bankruptcy and NO wage and the market would have sorted it'self out as it always does

is it a perfect solution? No. is it fair? No. but netiher was bailing out RBS but not LDV or any other company and as winston churchill once said "Democracy is the worse form of government, until i see all the others!" in other words... its not perfect its the best we've got

oh and as of monday i'm a student nurse so bring on all the pay rises you want ;) lol
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!

Unbelievable. 14 years 3 months ago #9069

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

oh and as of monday i'm a student nurse so bring on all the pay rises you want ;) lol

They are going to be so upset when you turn up with oil stained hands.

Good luck mate. Are you going to continue with pub work part time or would that kill you?

Unbelievable. 14 years 3 months ago #9071

They are going to be so upset when you turn up with oil stained hands.

Good luck mate. Are you going to continue with pub work part time or would that kill you?

lol aye... it's when i confuse my tools up and try to use a torque wrench to take someone's temperature i have to worry! lol

well i only have one set shift at the club, a saturday night... so im keeping that, i usually work a friday night as well.... there's a girl who i work with at the club who's worked two shifts a week for the past 3 years and graduates her nursing in september so i know 2 shifts a week can be done... and it'll be great for over christmas when were off (we have a 2 week break from placements and uni) to get extra cash. Mind you it's not going to be fun working a 12 hour shift on the ward then going to work behind a bar for 6 hours!

means exciting things for me and Bucephalus though as my NHS bursary is essentially all disposable income, and i don't go out drinking or such, so i can finally get stuck into doing all the things i want to with the car :)

thanks for the luck mate... i'm going to need it... or rather my patients are!

Unbelievable. 14 years 3 months ago #9116

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
It's all extra money. Just don't let the bankers get hold of it. :)

Unbelievable. 14 years 3 months ago #9117

• bacchus
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Food, Photography & Little British Sports Cars

lol aye... it's when i confuse my tools up and try to use a torque wrench to take someone's temperature i have to worry! lol

I can just see that scenario;

"Now roll on you side and bend your knees up while I take your temperature Mr Jones..."

"AAARRRRRGGGGGHHH"

"Ooops, Sorry Mr Jones that was my torque wrench, but the good news is your ring gear is now torqued up to 65nm"

:rofl:

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT