Sign In   Register

Topic

clever girlfriend 11 years 10 months ago #55313

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
just finished a vvc converstion at 1.15 am,so hope she starts in the morning.as you guys may know i was going to build a blue mgf to show off what we can do,but as the girlfriend pointed out all my work is underneath the car so who will see it.but the green gta metro is going to have her subframe powder coated red,one of our engines fitted using all the allen bolts,and the cold air system,going to get the mg metro decals put on her as she is having a ful respray.so if we take that to a show we can open the front bonnet and people will see the work we do.as gina pointed out all the shows have clean cars and our mgf would simply vanish in the crowd.but a 187 bhp metro with the bonnet up showing the work we can do to your mgf/tf is a better idea.plus it saves spending time i havnt got to build a mgf for us.my own mgf is already fitted with everything we do already,and people have gone on test drives in her.every oner impressed so far.people seam to be fasinated the way she can paddle shift through the gears instanly.i know spelling is bad but 18 hours on one car is enough.and spending three hours trying to fit a sports exhaust that didnt want to go in didnt help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: clever girlfriend 11 years 10 months ago #55318

Are you planning to run open diff in the Metro?
Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

Re: clever girlfriend 11 years 10 months ago #55319

Nice work chap... and chapess!
Next time I'm down that way I'll pop in to say hi as I'd love to actually have a clue what you guys mean most of the time haha

Re: clever girlfriend 11 years 10 months ago #55346

Daryl is way beyond the

'you guys'

qualification I reckon. :lol:

You're down that way Whiz. So, don't forget to treat us to some pics. :broon:

Re: clever girlfriend 11 years 10 months ago #55348

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
daft question what do you mean an open diff.

Re: clever girlfriend 11 years 10 months ago #55350

Open diff.. As in standard diff..

Track cars use LSD limited slip differentials in place of open diffs to help get the power down..

Wheels turned pulling out of a junction in the metro your more likely to spin one wheel up with more power..
Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

clever girlfriend 11 years 10 months ago #55352

Truly a magnificent gentleman daryl who would have thought Tiny would have put up such a struggle to be dragged into the 21st century thanks for all the hard work today Tiny now has extra voo voo voom of to mg live tomorrow to show off all your hard work
Live life for today and worry about tomorrow when it happens !!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Re: clever girlfriend 11 years 10 months ago #55354

How did you achieve the 187? I've been doing metros for a while and I don't recognise your name?

Re: clever girlfriend 11 years 10 months ago #55355

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
its a pleasure.90 % of these cars give no problem but some do,but although at the time its not fun but findind a difficult fault gives agood feeling,and you become closer to the cars that are like this,i will be more then happy to give you a discount on your front subframes later on.I have devoted most of my working life to these cars.and as far as im aware im the only person to rebuild and restore these cars.Your car has a very special head on her so hopefully she will continue to behave herself.she gave me a lot of trouble and i though for a momnet it would be the first car to bet me.

Re: clever girlfriend 11 years 10 months ago #55356

How did you achieve the 187? I've been doing metros for a while and I don't recognise your name?

Here's Daryls site Jack. Well worth a look.

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Re: clever girlfriend 11 years 10 months ago #55358

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
at this moment in time we only decided to use the metro to go to shows to show what i can do to the engines subframes etc,if we build a show car mgf then no one will see the engine.ive never done much on metros to be honest,we have got subframe powder coated for metro customers andf i have sold a few engines to metro customers but at the moment i have never done the converstion.the plan is to remove the engineas i do the mgf,lift teh car,then do subframe,poly bush,fit mgf anti roll bar and hopefully fit mgf brakes on it.i consider myself an expert when it comes to mgf/ft but metro im not an expert its just theroy at present.

Re: clever girlfriend 11 years 10 months ago #55359

Metros are easy, if you know your way round a f you'll get your head round metros quickly.

The metro scene is small but well established. 187 is a nice starting figure and take it you have bigger plans than that though :)

If you need any advise on it give me a shout. I'm on .org more these days my username is "John"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT