Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: clever girlfriend 11 years 10 months ago #55683

The proof is in the pudding. If the pudding tastes good, I don't want/need to see the recipe, but when I don't see a either I naturally ask questions...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: clever girlfriend 11 years 10 months ago #55688

• tui
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Penelope Pitstop

The proof is in the pudding. If the pudding tastes good, I don't want/need to see the recipe, but when I don't see a either I naturally ask questions...

It would be nice to know though. I am curious because I have an interest, not because I want to 'copy'

-=Visit my Website!=-

Re: clever girlfriend 11 years 10 months ago #55694

Of course.. Here's the chefs website. :) I understand that he's always been very welcoming to visitors.

Re: clever girlfriend 11 years 10 months ago #55708

I'm hoping to get 120 out of my 1.4 with cams and a couple of other bits, should be doable. :broon:

Re: clever girlfriend 11 years 10 months ago #55717

I've always been happy to share anything I've done (not that I've done anything lol) but then I'm not looking to run a business from it.

Gotta say the guys I've spoken to recently (Roger, Jason, Alison, Simon etc) have all been very kind and have taken the time to reply to e mails with great depth of detail and their experiences on what works and what to avoid, without any promise of payment or work

With Jason in particular this has helped me to see his wealth of knowledge and 'built' my confidence in abilities. So I'm using him for my headwork

Vibration Free have a reputation that proceeds them and despite other quotes being less than half their quote I feel confident that they are the best in the UK at what they do

I understand not everyone wants to reveal how they do everything, and they reserve the right to not share. But at the same time I think its only fair that people ask questions, not to witch hunt.. But to get satisfy their own minds.

I'm not making a business out of doing my car (personally I can make more money doing what I currently do than I could with cars so no interest for me) but apprecite that Daz is making a living from this and I fully respect his rights to protect his business interests

I look forward to the finished Metro Daz and seeing it at shows

Regards
Allan
Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Re: clever girlfriend 11 years 10 months ago #55719

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
well its got every one talking,first gre very happy with their car,so is tiny the white mgf.
there are a lot of companies who for a living build race engines day in day out,i restore and service and tune mgfs tf for a living.i can build race engines and race cars but i dont simply because i dont do it full time and because of that i dont have a race track record.its well known you can build 4 engines the same and each one well perform differantly.
my aim in my company is to restore mgf/tfs .improve performance to a sensiable level that most people want.most people are happy with a 160,and that can be improved to around 167 with out doing to much .
my engine was built as a one off to show case what we can do.how ever that engine is due to be removed from pegasus and replaced with a 160 engine ported and gas flowed .simply because we can show people what i can do within their budget.
its good to ask questions and i dont mind.i can talk all day about subframes,hoods,leather and polybushing,how i can build a car in 10 days because I do that all day every day.Dva spends all day grinding and polishing engine bits and is set up to do it.i dont think diesel has been rude at all.he is planning to spend a great deal of money and he has to be sure he has the right person for the job.I build cars for a living and they always turn out wonderful.
forums can be a nightmare,people can get well you know.texting isnt the same as chatting face to face.Allen no offence taken.the official answer is this.
I can build an engine to your spec,tuned 160 vvc engines I do all the time.Any thing more i will go to companies who build these for a full time living with a track record.I built my own 187bhp with a lot of help and advice to prove to myself i can do it.but its not my core busniess.
All of my customers want a car that is clean underside,a good 160 vvc engine,nice new seats and carpet and a new hood,shiny paint,sports exhaust and stainless bolts in a few places. and ebc brakes.and that costs around 5 to 7 k.
at the moment the metro has been down sized on power.because of time or lack of it.the metro is having mk 1 body panels fitted and mg wheel arches,she is having red subframes powdercoated.and having a 135 engine fitted.to do a vvc we need to fit a mgf gear box,then sort out the clutch then sort out the gear selector etc so it can turn into a long job,and i have 4 day window.and it has to go to the body shop.

Re: clever girlfriend 11 years 10 months ago #55720

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
my spelling is famous for being bad,and the net work is very slow or my computer is as often some of the letters dont type.people tend to know what i mean.

Re: clever girlfriend 11 years 10 months ago #55730

Daz if you'd just said you'd farmed the engines out. I would have stopped asking so many questions tbh

Re: clever girlfriend 11 years 10 months ago #55731

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
dont worry its not a problem,up to 170 bhp i build here on site.higher spec i buy in and build here.as i say i have expertise in restoration of mgf/tfs and upgrades to budgets,
your the metro chap,as i only have a week to do this metro.135 engine using r65 box,i know its not the perfect or the fastest metro.but it will show off our subframes,what do you think

Re: clever girlfriend 11 years 10 months ago #55732

• Visitor
  • Visitor
So is everyone happy again :broon:

Re: clever girlfriend 11 years 10 months ago #55733

135 will take out all the wiring worrys that's for sure. Make sure you get a k series metro though! I read before you were looking at mg metros. Different beast entirely. Ideally you want a rover metro/100 with a Mpi engine. The r65 will fit but your going to be buying more parts. If you went pg1 you would already have most of the parts as the donar is usually a mgf.

A conversion can be done in less than a day.

Re: clever girlfriend 11 years 10 months ago #55737

Im not happy Jan..

Ive still gotta spend 2.5-3 grand lol..

Thought I was gonna get a cheap solution to more power and have enough money left to buy a hot tub..

Now I gotta make do with farting in my old tin bath out on the back lawn..
Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT