Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: clever girlfriend 11 years 10 months ago #55410

Hence why I've gone for 633 cams Stan.. As my car will be more road than track
Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: clever girlfriend 11 years 10 months ago #55411

Jason that is doing my head built the land speed record K..

And 400 bhp is possible from a K.. But its gotta be re-built after every race..

I'm going with tried, tested and proven..

Re: clever girlfriend 11 years 10 months ago #55415

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
start with too much bhp then other issues come to light.mate of miner had a v8 turbo toyota hilux.gear box blew so had that strenghten,then diff went,the driv shafts,then the springs kept giving.just spent his time chasing his tale.180 is about as much as an f can take to be honest,but you have to maintain the suspension and tyres all the time,good luck with you project

Re: clever girlfriend 11 years 10 months ago #55417

i do what dave andrews and all the other people do.dave andrews dose a lot of work on lotus engines and most lotus engines have the same treatment hence why i call it a lotus engine.the port and gas flow is on the 160n engines and remap and that gets around 177 bhp,the 187 is doing around 2,5 k of work.

Daz that's quite misleading. Selling a modified vvc engine as a vhpd is very naughty.

Re: clever girlfriend 11 years 10 months ago #55420

Couldn't agree more Daz that 180bhp in a car 10 years old plus could be bad..

Hence why I've opted for brand new everything and seam welded subframes.. Along with 5 strut braces..

I only have one goal.. Kick an Elise's ass.. Lol

Re: clever girlfriend 11 years 10 months ago #55462

i do what dave andrews and all the other people do.dave andrews dose a lot of work on lotus engines and most lotus engines have the same treatment hence why i call it a lotus engine.the port and gas flow is on the 160n engines and remap and that gets around 177 bhp,the 187 is doing around 2,5 k of work.

Daz that's quite misleading. Selling a modified vvc engine as a vhpd is very naughty.

I find most of his posts misleading/confusing - every heard of punctuation?!

I'm still no clearer what mods make a '187' engine!

Re: clever girlfriend 11 years 10 months ago #55464

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
i can and do build engines to order,depending on budget,dva power has a very good web site on how to fully uprate a k series and that is done by many people.the 187bhp engine i can build uses many of these parts,how ever if people want a gas flowed 160,or any other head then i can also provide that as well,together with ecu upgrades.the problem is there is so many differant things you can do to tune an engine so every ones engine is differant.also budget is the issue.putting treads on a forum isnt the same as sitting some one down in the office going through in detail what they want.and how much they want to spend.i have only survived on 8 hours sleep over the last three days sorting out a sick mgf.hence punctuation.

in order to get 187 out of a k series a lot of mods need to be carried out.if you go to dva power that will give you some idea of what needs to be carried out.

Re: clever girlfriend 11 years 10 months ago #55543

So do you farm the engines out to dva then?

Re: clever girlfriend 11 years 10 months ago #55569

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
a lot of the things dva do he buys in like valves,cams ecu etc.we do the same.we gas flow and port the heads like dave does.depending on what the customer wants and how much he has to spend and how busy we are,so each engine is differant as are the customers.we have got dva to build the odd engine,we have bought packages from other suppliers as well.99 % of the customers simply want a ported head and remap ecu due to their budget.
most of the customers who want high performance engines know what they want and ask us to buy in componants from differant suppliers which we do.
customers come down to the show room and disscuss what they want in detail then we go from there..m ost of my work is restoration and repair.I used to work as a hoobbie on ford engines with friends rally cars etc,so i port and do my own head work,other companants are bought in like piper,The only componants we are making is replacement springs,and stainless hoses for the engine bay and roll hoops we also make.DVA has a complete workshop just for engines as this is all he does,so milling ,turning and drilling he is set up for and he does it full time.most of my work is rebuilding cars,so im set up for leather seats,powdercoating and rebuilding.we only sell around 2 engines a year that are high performance so those engines are assembled her from parts purchased in.

Re: clever girlfriend 11 years 10 months ago #55604

I wouldn't expect you to manufacture your own valves/cams etc...

My previous VVC engine made a similar power figure (to your fabled 187bhp) after bottom end balance, headwork, REC valves, cam timing and Piper exhaust cam along with the usual breathing mods.

I'm in the market for a another VVC cylinder - wanting it porting and polishing so I'm trying to establish what sort of results you have (eg bench flow rates, or dyno plots) from existing work and whether you can offer something that those with a well established reputation (eg DVA, Scholar etc..) can't.

Re: clever girlfriend 11 years 10 months ago #55615

Sounds to me like you've got a couple of guy's on your case here Daz, Now you see I'd find their attitude a bit offensive so it's just as well I'm only an observer otherwise I might put my 2p in.

Hope my punctuation is up to your exacting standards gent's, if not, Oh well never mind...........

Evening all.
" The Nation that forgets it's defenders, shall itself be soon forgot" Calvin Coolidge

Re: clever girlfriend 11 years 10 months ago #55621

I don't think anyone is trying to be rude (not me anyway)

I can see nothing wrong with people asking about engine/power claims..

I've spoken to a lot of K series 'gurus' recently and all paint a similar pic..

I personally am looking to spend some money in the quest for more power hence my questions to Daz previously..

I'm happy that the guy I'm now using is competent and has a proven track record as well as dyno proof..

Daz I hope I haven't been rude or offended.. Was just curious that's all..

Allan

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT