Wow Thanks for the speedy reply David ,
It'll save me a few pounds too......

I just happened to come straight onto the forum after my breakfast.:rofl:
David
:shrug:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Re: steptronic gearbox removal ? 13 years 1 month ago #22193

Oil is on order,that gives me a few days to clean everything up before I put it back together.
Here's the hole in the box (which is upside down)
Attachments:

Re: steptronic gearbox removal ? 13 years 1 month ago #22198

Oil is on order,that gives me a few days to clean everything up before I put it back together.
Here's the hole in the box (which is upside down)

Thats no excuse!!!! :whistle: :whistle: You dont need to fill the gearbox until its all in and it makes it lighter too ,i assume you will drain the new one before fitting (unless its already drained)

That is an interesting hole!!!, looks like something jammed between two gear teeth and punched its way out!! will be very interested to see what it looks like inside, but only when you have got the new one up and running.

Best of luck with the rebuild, testing time to see where everything goes. thank you for keeping us up to speed.:woohoo:

Re: steptronic gearbox removal ? 13 years 1 month ago #22255

This weekend was spent having fun with the family,next weekend is all mine...I have a long weekend booked off work,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Monday .I'm gonna live in the garage lol and try to get it all back together ,plus a fair few other od jobs have cropped up..Kinda looking forward to putting it all back together.I will keep you posted and take some more pics if anything interesting happens.........

Re: steptronic gearbox removal ? 13 years 1 month ago #22256

Top down weather coming, time is short!:lol:
David

Re: steptronic gearbox removal ? 13 years 1 month ago #22269

This weekend was spent having fun with the family,next weekend is all mine...I have a long weekend booked off work,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Monday .I'm gonna live in the garage lol and try to get it all back together ,plus a fair few other od jobs have cropped up..Kinda looking forward to putting it all back together.I will keep you posted and take some more pics if anything interesting happens.........

You are bound to find extra jobs there is an MG saying that goes like this " it seems sensible to just do this while i am here"! and it goes on and on. You do know that MG stands for Money Grabber!!! ~ good luck again with the rebuild and take it easy :ohmy: :huh:

Re: steptronic gearbox removal ? 13 years 1 month ago #22296

I thought it stood for 'Miserable Git' lol.
Oil arrived from rimmer bros today, all set for the weekend.
My partners beetle has a groaning rear wheel bearing,so I wont be puting my tools away any time soon.

Re: steptronic gearbox removal ? 13 years 1 month ago #22305

Did the last sentance of your post come from 'Carry On MGing' by any chance? (the lost film in the series :) )

I think Charles Haughtry said it to Sid James :lol:

Re: steptronic gearbox removal ? 13 years 1 month ago #22316

ooh err, ...stop messing about!:rofl:
David

Re: steptronic gearbox removal ? 13 years 1 month ago #22344

Oh dear rimmer and tool in there too.......I must get a proof reader...
Carry On... Up the Khyber

Re: steptronic gearbox removal ? 13 years 1 month ago #22355

Not a very promising start today.The gearbox is back in place but i am having trouble lining it all up.
All the holes are in line but when i tighten the bolts up it doesn't seem to be slotting together properly.
I'm affraid i might have to take it back out and see whats in the way,might just be splines not in line.
I'm gonna try again tomorrow.........
Any ideas very very welcome

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT