Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Progress stopped on all mods :( 13 years 3 months ago #20362

:(

A few may know I set up or expand company's for a living

The sort of borring stuff, H&S, general processes and policy's

Unfortunatley yet again I'm a victim of my own work,

three of us sat round a coffee table in a hotel at the start of last may trying to find a way that six of our friends wouldn't be put on the scrap heap from a company we used to consult for

Well we did it, a new company up and running by July and launched by the lord major in Aug, it now employs 12

and guess what, now it works there isn't any need for me, made redundant last friday

This I can handle but not being able to finish all the ideas for this year is a real pain, its a real bummer as it seems never ending by the time I can start on the mods again I will have another list of running repairs

So my point being if anyone wants any mods doing and isn't very handy I'm available for hire,

PS I promise not to A-Team your pride an joy
Youtube channel of mods an track pics

http://www.youtube.com/user/busternorris?feature=mhum

Website: http://www.roughluckracing.com/ MG Rover Mobile Repairs Nationwide and Western Europe

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Progress stopped on all mods :( 13 years 3 months ago #20364

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
I know the feeling mate, haven't been made redundant but spare money seems ever harder to find so progress on mods is gettin slower and slower. :(

Re: Progress stopped on all mods :( 13 years 3 months ago #20366

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
Know what you mean, having to save up to buy the tools, before even being able to do any modding

Re: Progress stopped on all mods :( 13 years 3 months ago #20367

Tools I have loads of to do most things, welding, brake/clutch pipes, hydragas pump, I even like doing electrics!! ..lol

well could do with a milling machine, a lathe, furnace and a rolling road .....hmmm and a few car lifts
I keep checking on ebay but they are always more than £1

:)

Website: http://www.roughluckracing.com/ MG Rover Mobile Repairs Nationwide and Western Europe

Re: Progress stopped on all mods :( 13 years 3 months ago #20374

shame, as from the little bits ive read from you, you have some good/different ideas!

at least it'll give you a bit of time to refine your ideas or new top mods :evil:

hope job/money vworks out for you

Last edit: Post by Rob TF. Reason: cant spell

Re: Progress stopped on all mods :( 13 years 3 months ago #20377

:(

A few may know I set up or expand company's for a living

The sort of borring stuff, H&S, general processes and policy's

Unfortunatley yet again I'm a victim of my own work,

three of us sat round a coffee table in a hotel at the start of last may trying to find a way that six of our friends wouldn't be put on the scrap heap from a company we used to consult for

Well we did it, a new company up and running by July and launched by the lord major in Aug, it now employs 12

and guess what, now it works there isn't any need for me, made redundant last friday

This I can handle but not being able to finish all the ideas for this year is a real pain, its a real bummer as it seems never ending by the time I can start on the mods again I will have another list of running repairs

So my point being if anyone wants any mods doing and isn't very handy I'm available for hire,

PS I promise not to A-Team your pride an joy

Aw bummer, mate!:yesnod:

Here's hoping something turns up soon!
David
:shrug:

Re: Progress stopped on all mods :( 13 years 3 months ago #20392

Sad to hear mate .. know how you feel - been in that position before (With the same company I'm working for now!)... only back with them as new owners asked me back after buying it .. and now after surviving two rounds of redundancies I'm hanging on by the skin of my teeth!

Re: Progress stopped on all mods :( 13 years 3 months ago #20397

Im going to need wheels fitting later this month!!!;)

Re: Progress stopped on all mods :( 13 years 3 months ago #20404

Im still looking at lambo doors once the carPC / rockford fosgate stuff is installed - doesn't help you for 2 or 3 months though :(

Re: Progress stopped on all mods :( 13 years 3 months ago #20422

Im still looking at lambo doors once the carPC / rockford fosgate stuff is installed - doesn't help you for 2 or 3 months though :(

Seriously? Reason I ask is I mentioned lambo doors to the Mrs half jokingly the other week. I won't repeat what she said, but we did agree on the idea of suicide doors!

Maybe im not the only one who wants thier car to be unique

Last edit: Post by Ned.

Re: Progress stopped on all mods :( 13 years 3 months ago #20423

I've still got the template for a set of lambo door hinges I designed somewhere
LSD hinges are 7-8mm the ones I designed are 10mm an I had problems getting someone to cut them out
I've already got a set of rams to use for Germany

Fitting Hub adaptors an wheels is easy enough, have grinder will travel....lol

Re: Progress stopped on all mods :( 13 years 3 months ago #20572

Did you dig up that template? I found someone that can cut 10mm steel on the sly so shouldn't cost a huge amount

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT